Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered a Phantom Black with Magma interior expecting delivery in January '08. I Gave the saleslady two secondary color combinations and my 2nd choice came through! They actually also had a Phantom black with black interior available, but I wanted some color contrast and really fell in love with the Ibis White/Tuscan brown when I saw it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very tasty - gorgeous car Sizzle. Enjoy! Rarity value also ought to get you lots of looks and stares - especially from the 'common as anything' BMW coupe drivers!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thanks for the pics,very nice :)

Congrats and enjoy your new toy ;)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congrats on your earlier than expected acquisition! :) Looks great with that Tuscan Brown interior.

·
Registered
37 Posts
dang man u beat me to being the first texan on the forum with a car! actually looking at those street signs i'm pretty sure u live in my cousins neighborhood. which is really coincidental and funny.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Your very lucky to have your car already, she sure looks amazing!!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Enjoy it in good health! Please let us know your impressions. How does it compare to your past cars? What options does it have?
The car is fully loaded with every option. It came in just shy of $59k.

I forgot to mention that I ordered a front finisher to get rid of that unsightly front plate holder, and I also ordered a piano black console with stainless steel texture inlays. However, the more I look at the vavona wood the more I like it. It looks more like a "marble" than a wood which is a good thing. When the other inlays arrive we will see.

As for a review. The car performs better than expected. I drove a demo car, but when you have a nervous guy in khakis next to you yapping away you don't really get to enjoy the drive. (Actually I had a saleslady in a very short skirt that didn't like staying down which was a bigger distraction) Anyways, the car is a blast.

The exhaust note sounds like a caged lion when accelerating and the power curve is sublime. Steering is a bit numb in the twisties, but nothing to whine about. Audi should stiffen it a bit at lower speeds.

One oddity. When going from reverse into 1st gear, the rearview camera does not switch off until I am in motion moving forward. Is this normal? In my wife's Infiniti, the camera switches off as soon as you take it out of reverse..

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dang man u beat me to being the first texan on the forum with a car! actually looking at those street signs i'm pretty sure u live in my cousins neighborhood. which is really coincidental and funny.
I'm right on Lake Ray Hubbard which is in Garland....

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Looks absolutely gorgeous.

One thing you won't like about the white, though, is the amount of times you'll need to wash it :D ... i'm washing mine constantly.

Nice combination of interior and exterior colour!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi Sizzle,

First and foremost, one awesome car! Congrats.

Second, mentioned you are going to tint the windows at 30%. Being in Texas where it can get very hot for sustained times in the summer time, then that makes sense.

My question is, what is your take on the default tint? Is it pretty adequate for someone in the Midwest where the summers are not as hot.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nooiiiiiice!

Um...you're not going to believe this...erm...but I'm thinking of switching to this exact color combo....from your original color combo....lmao.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks great. Congrats. I wonder if you wouldn't mind taking more pictures of the interior. It's been really difficult to find pictures of the tuscan interior. There are a few out there but mostly overexposed so the color is not right. My guess is most are using a flash and blowing out the image.

Even in the picture of the interior you posted the interior almost looks magma. Is the Tuscan that light? I have a Deep Blue Sea w/Tuscan car on order and I was hoping the seats were definatly a darker redish brown.

If you could capture a few pictures that you felt showed what the interior looks like in person that would be wonderful.

Thank you,

-jscott

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nooiiiiiice!

Um...you're not going to believe this...erm...but I'm thinking of switching to this exact color combo....from your original color combo....lmao.
It's pretty clear that you follow my lead on just about everything. You'll be voting Democratic in 2008 i'm sure......:D

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Sizzle,

First and foremost, one awesome car! Congrats.

Second, mentioned you are going to tint the windows at 30%. Being in Texas where it can get very hot for sustained times in the summer time, then that makes sense.

My question is, what is your take on the default tint? Is it pretty adequate for someone in the Midwest where the summers are not as hot.

Thanks in advance.
The default tint is not there if you ask me. The windows have a very very mild tint to them, but as of now the sun is beaming into the car.

30% tint is actually not that dark, even for Texas. My current car has it, and you can see me through the glass clear as day. It is also gray versus black tint which also lightens it up.

jscott said:
Even in the picture of the interior you posted the interior almost looks magma. Is the Tuscan that light? I have a Deep Blue Sea w/Tuscan car on order and I was hoping the seats were defiantly a darker redish brown.

If you could capture a few pictures that you felt showed what the interior looks like in person that would be wonderful.

Adjust your monitor settings or a get a new one.....:D
It's a DSLR pic and on my monitor the color clearly looks different than the Magma. It's night and day in person. Audi should have called it "clay" because that's exactly what it looks like. I will post up some more pics later today for sure.

Guys, my name is Brian by the way.....

·
Registered
276 Posts
The car is fully loaded with every option. It came in just shy of $59k.
You guys get such a good deal on cars, that spec would be over £45k GBP over here or $90k! Audi must subsidise the US market through the profits they make out of us.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thank you Brian.

Curious how your tinting will turn out. I'm hearing it's extremely difficult with this car. Is some aftermarket company doing the tinting for you?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you Brian.

Curious how your tinting will turn out. I'm hearing it's extremely difficult with this car. Is some aftermarket company doing the tinting for you?
I got a recommendation from the BMW dealer that I stiffed on the 335i....:D

I will post pics once completed for sure....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts