Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it would spoil the lines/looks of the car,but having done 1,600 miles in the A5,I think Audi should have installed one,rear screen gets dirty very quickly.Maybe i've been spoilt with my last few cars,(SVX,Impreza) Mainly quite happy,but a few things annoy/frustrate me.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
It's part of the design of most coupe cars that the rear window dries off or doesn't get noticibly wet at higher speeds.

I hate the look of rear wipers, but I must admit I prefer to have one for practicality.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Anyone else thinking a Bidet would be useful at this time of year.

(Rear wash wipe)... My rear screen is fine on long quick trips but local runs not so good.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Dammit, you've got me on my soap box now. Lack of rear wash-wipe isn't a real pain, though would be nice. What p*sses me off is the fact that if the car roof is very wet from rain and you open the door (I find this necessary in order to get in), water dribbles off the roof and on to the driver's seat.
Oh dear, time for my tablets....

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've never once noticed a sufficient amount of dirt on my rear window to impact visibility. I would absolutely hate to have a rear wiper on my A5. It would look horrible.

What p*sses me off is the fact that if the car roof is very wet from rain and you open the door (I find this necessary in order to get in), water dribbles off the roof and on to the driver's seat.
That bugs me a lot as well. I have taken to running my finger along the bottom of the upper window trim before opening the car door. This gets most of the hanging water droplets off the trim and minimizes the number that fall into the car. Of course, this doesn't help when you are exiting the car.

There also seems to be some peculiar quirk to the design of the car that results in the trunk (boot) and rear bumper area getting extra dirty. Some sort of air flow issue seems to deposit inordinately high amounts of debris in that area.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Dammit, you've got me on my soap box now. Lack of rear wash-wipe isn't a real pain, though would be nice. What p*sses me off is the fact that if the car roof is very wet from rain and you open the door (I find this necessary in order to get in), water dribbles off the roof and on to the driver's seat.
Alas poor chap... there is no solution to your wet seat problem apart from parking with the right wheels up a kerb thus allowing the water to drain towards the passenger side. Real pain I know. Regarding the Bidet, driving quicker sorts the problem but not always possible. Would have been a nice idea to offer the bidet as an option as Porsche do with the 911 997.

Cheers

RG:cheers:

·
Registered
171 Posts
In the 16k miles I've covered in my A5, I've never had a problem seeing out of the rear window. This covers driving in some of the heaviest rain storms I'd seen in some years as well as colder climates.

Rear Wiper!? I say y'all are simply nuts!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
In the 16k miles I've covered in my A5, I've never had a problem seeing out of the rear window. This covers driving in some of the heaviest rain storms I'd seen in some years as well as colder climates.

Rear Wiper!? I say y'all are simply nuts!
Well spotted mate.. takes a while... seriously it's the start up and 2-3 mile slow trips. I've taken to wiping off rear window and o/s roof to a see out and b not suffer from TJM style inco. seats. Then there's the water in the fuel flap issue... now cured!

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
+1

Just run a finger along the underside of the Al trim before opening the door - boring but works fine

·
Registered
363 Posts
+1

and reverse into the driveway at night, then you can drive out forwards in the morning and you dont need to care a sh*t what going on behind you:thumbsup:
not thought of using your garage overnight?:)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
not thought of using your garage overnight?:)
My more precious car is in one of the garages! The wifes's A3 SB in the other (A5 is a tight fit!)

Cheers

RG:cheers:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
sounds like a bloomin mansion RG

more precious car ...must have missed something, you going to save me searching back then? :cheers:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
sounds like a bloomin mansion RG

more precious car ...must have missed something, you going to save me searching back then? :cheers:
She's an old girl with no roof! :moped::moped:

Keeping quiet for a while one of our 'colleagues' has reserected himself and is giving me some grief!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts