Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't know how long your driveway is, but is it going to hurt the throwout bearing that much to just leave the shifter in reverse and clutch depressed?
Obviously if you take 20 seconds to get down your driveway, then I understand your concern, but I am pretty sure that leaving the clutch depressed for less than 10 seconds once or twice a day isn't going to do much, if any, damage.

Not that a VAG-COM reprogram to leave the sensors enabled as long as the camera is displayed wouldn't be nice...

·
Registered
435 Posts
@doc7string:
So you want it to be that any time the car is rolling backwards it should be beeping. What about at a stop light? Where does it end? Wouldn't it need to be active when you are not moving and in neutral then as well, so you don't drift back into another car. That would make every stop sign an annoying beeping fiasco.

I understand what you want, but the feature was designed a convenience when you are backing up. If you were driving an automatic, would you have put the car to neutral as well? Something tells me no. Our cars only know when you are backing up when you have the car the shifter in reverse.

Sadly, end of story.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.