Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been battling a camber issue w/ my rear left wheel for a while. That side was in a fender bender but it was fixed. However, the camber was never quite right afterwards. At the lowest setting, the camber is still approximately 1.5 degrees.

I checked the springs and struts and both sides match. However, one side (left, the fender bender side) is higher than the other by about 5 mm. Is it possible that the older side (undamaged side) is sagging? Could it be the spring? or the strut?

I have a 2013 A5 2.0 coupe AWD regular suspension, no sport differential. I need another car's measurement for comparison. Can someone measure the height from the ground to the top of the wheel well? I need to determine if one side (left, new spring) is higher than normal or if one side (right, original spring) is lower than normal.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
If it were me, I'd get the car in the air and measure the height difference without any curb weight. From there, inspect lower suspension retaining cups, and that the springs are seated the same both sides and firmly down on the retainers. Also check the shocks are not popped (any oil or residue on the shiny half of the piston). And if nothing is obvious, check the subframe mounting rubbers look alright and match both sides. I'd be surprised if the subframe or anti roll bar bent without one of these other parts giving way first.

Good luck!

Edit: another point, check the fender to wheel distance measurement with a tape measure. If the subframe has been pushed forwards or backwards separately from the other side, camber will go out of whack too. If so, I'm writing a 'how to' now

1 - 2 of 2 Posts