Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a suspension noise in the rear since day one(a little over 2 weeks now). I get it when driving onto a driveway or going over speed bumps. Very low speed. The passenger rear has a rattle(like loose parts) and the driver side has a squawking noise when the suspension is compressed. Anyone else with those concerns?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Actually I have this kind of problem too on my A5. Since I got the car, I get this noise at the rear (right side), specially on bumpy roads. This disappears once the car is warm, so basically I only get this in the morning.

I already mentioned this to my dealer, but obviously each test drive we did showed no noise (the car being warm). The car is now at the dealer (some paint work, a nice guy made a big hole on my right door in a parking), I hope they'll take the opportunity to check that noise too.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Wismie,

You should make sure they do a drive when the car is cold. This will help confirm the problem for them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the EXACT same thing happening to my demo that I just picked up yesterday. I'm actually surprised this is case since Audi usually has really well built (see: no rattles) cars (at least that has been my experience in the past.) The fact that you have this problem too allows me to leverage "other people have this problem with their S5, please get it fixed." I'm going to email my guy at the dealer and let you know what they say. It's going in next Monday for the teflon/leather treatment so hopefully they can fix then. In the interim it's nice to know I'm not losing my mind and, indeed, someone else has this problem. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I haven't noticed this issue after 2 weeks. The car feels very solid and no rattles. I would suggest something is loose in the trunk area, but if it goes away when the car warms up, who knows. Definitely call the dealer, that's what they are there for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had a suspension noise in the rear since day one(a little over 2 weeks now). I get it when driving onto a driveway or going over speed bumps. Very low speed. The passenger rear has a rattle(like loose parts) and the driver side has a squawking noise when the suspension is compressed. Anyone else with those concerns?
I had a similar problem with rattle . You only hear it when moving slow over bumpy road. I took it to the dealer and they spent a day basically dismantling the rear end. They found a bracket that hadn't been attached properly. Rattle from the rear is now fixed. However there is still a exhaust-to-body rattle when cold. There is also a small rattle from underneath the car again when running slow on bumpy road. This latter problem may be caused by loose protective panelling ion the underneath of the car.

·
Registered
175 Posts
...a nice guy made a big hole on my right door in a parking
Sorry to hear you got your first door-dent Wismie :( The first mark on a new car is always painful.

All the scuffs, scratches, dents and marks on my car are caused by other people :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts