Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know the answer to this: Some pictures of the rear seats in the A5/S5 show that it is entirely leather (including the centre section between the 2 seats), and then others show that this section is black plastic. It looks much better in leather I think, especially with pearl silver leather, which I am considering. My dealer seemed to think they were all plastic, but I am sure I have seen this in leather somewhere.
Thanks for any answers.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
As far as I'm aware, it is only the S5 that has the black plastic in the center section of the rear seats. All of the A5 rear seat pics I've seen (and I've seen a lot, trust me) have the leather center. Conversely, all of the S5 rear seat pics I've seen, show the black center piece.

·
Registered
677 Posts
As far as I'm aware, it is only the S5 that has the black plastic in the center section of the rear seats. All of the A5 rear seat pics I've seen (and I've seen a lot, trust me) have the leather center. Conversely, all of the S5 rear seat pics I've seen, show the black center piece.
This is also what I have seen. My S5 has the black plastic in the middle. US cars do not get the first aid kit that the EU does.

·
Registered
275 Posts
actually a non-issue, you wouldn't fit more than two adults or kids in the back anyway. The S5 is homologated for 4 passengers only (insurance won't cover you for 5), and it provides a small storage section for a phone, sunglasses... when travelling in back - actually pretty convenient (my kids always have a small toy in there, rather than bouncing around on the floor or under the booster seat).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's more to do with the appearance for me. I want to have pearl silver but am concerned how that will look with black plastic in the middle. S5France, do you have any photos of your rear seats I could see? Thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
actually a non-issue, you wouldn't fit more than two adults or kids in the back anyway. The S5 is homologated for 4 passengers only (insurance won't cover you for 5), and it provides a small storage section for a phone, sunglasses... when travelling in back - actually pretty convenient (my kids always have a small toy in there, rather than bouncing around on the floor or under the booster seat).
It keeps crayons from going everywhere also. Also a good storage spot for DS games.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It's more to do with the appearance for me. I want to have pearl silver but am concerned how that will look with black plastic in the middle. S5France, do you have any photos of your rear seats I could see? Thanks
Here ya go.

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
That does kind of break up the good looking pearl silver seats. I have the red leather and it does not break it up that badly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for that Txcarguy. Actually it doesn't look too bad, although I still think I would prefer leather. However, I want an S5 so I suppose I have no choice. I spoke to my dealer this week who rang Audi UK Marketing, and they confirmed that the S5 tiptronic will be going into production in late March/early April.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It keeps crayons from going everywhere also. Also a good storage spot for DS games.
If there will be caryons, then don't forgo the silver because of the black insert in the rear seat, take a pass because of the kids who inevitably will accompany the crayons. The three together will be a lethal cocktail for your nice silver seats, which in actuality are closer to white. I have a strict no-crayon rule in my silver-interior car. And my kids, at least 2 of them, are really past the crayon stage anyway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
crayons??? you must be havin a giraffe... i wont even let my kids eat in my s5,and my leather is black..have some pride man.... only messin,
i think the black in the middle makes it look better as it breaks the seats into two making it look more sportier, cheers

·
Registered
273 Posts
crayons??? you must be havin a giraffe... i wont even let my kids eat in my s5,and my leather is black..have some pride man.... only messin,
i think the black in the middle makes it look better as it breaks the seats into two making it look more sportier, cheers
Well, if the black in the middle makes it look sportier, imagine how cool the nice silver (white) seats would look with their backsides covered in custom, multicolored crayoned artwork! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
ok i will explain, in the uk in different parts of the country say london they have a sort of second language , called rhyming cockney slang,here are a few examples:
apples and pears = stairs
trouble and strife = wife
brad pitt = shit
richard the third = terd
and finally there is are you havin a giraffe = a laugh,

sorry guys, hope your a bit wiser, all be it slightly detracting away from s5 talk

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...And now the educational part of the forum... ;)

Giraffe = Laugh (cockney rhyming slang)

see also "Whistle" as in "Whistle and flute" = suit e.g. "Ayup cocka, there ain't naawhere to 'ang me whistle in this 'ere A5."

etc...

See the full explanation in wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhyming_slang

There endeth the lesson ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts