Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if having the rear parking assist option means the rear bumper will have those little circles in a horizontal row like those previous Audi parking aids? I don't particularly like the idea of that.

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes it does. But they are less noticeable on the A/S5.

Go to your dealer and take a look. Any dealer car will have them. The view out of the back isn't good enough to do without them really. You'll end up clipping low walls.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does. But they are less noticeable on the A/S5.

Go to your dealer and take a look. Any dealer car will have them. The view out of the back isn't good enough to do without them really. You'll end up clipping low walls.
Thanks for the info. I did order the tech package which included it. Damn I hope I don't regret that when I pick it up. At least the car is darker (meteor gray) and might not be as noticeable.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will hardly see them at all. The sensors are the exact same colour as the car what ever colour you go for.
Thanks again. I think I was obsessing just a bit too much about the details. Waiting for this car is making me nutty...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Does anyone know exactly where the rear-view camera is located and how visible it is? (I assume the camera is completely separate from the parking sensors mounted in the bumper.)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
There are two rear parking sensor options. The camera only comes with the more expensive one. It isnt an available option in the UK. So make sure it is available to you wherever you are.

I havent seen any pictures of the camera option.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
There are two rear parking sensor options. The camera only comes with the more expensive one. It isnt an available option in the UK. So make sure it is available to you wherever you are.

I havent seen any pictures of the camera option.
It's part of the "Technology" package to be offered in the U.S. (where I'm located) on both the A5 and S5. The information from the recent U.S. pricing announcement indicated that "both models also have an available $1,700 Technology package that includes Audi rear parking system with rear-view camera, adaptive headlights, and Advanced key."

I figured some of the current S5 owners in other parts of the world might have purchased the car with the rear-view camera. But, based upon your comment, now I'm wondering if the camera will only be offered on U.S. models.

I'm very curious to know where the camera is located on the car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Doubledoom, the rear parking camera is available in the UK as my wife has it, it's just not listed in the brochure.

The camera is integrated into the boot release and is located just above the rear no plate. It's very discrete. I'll try and get a photo of it to show.

The camera view takes a bit of getting used too. In fact I'm still learning to trust it, but I'm sure that with time it'll seem more natural.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The camera is integrated into the boot release and is located just above the rear no plate. It's very discrete. I'll try and get a photo of it to show.
Nipper, that would be great if you could post a photo it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
It seems quite a few of these options are not available in the uk brochure or with the knowledge of the dealer but are if you insist on them.

I would have gone with that option too. Thats the sunroof, ipod connectivity (dealer described the poorer quality A4 version as being a waste of time) and camera now that I missed out on. Cant edit the order either as it is too far in progress.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Doubledoom, I think your experience sums up the majority of dealers. Most don't understand the products that they sell well enough. When we specced our car it was based upon the original pdf which included the rear camera, sunroof & towbar. These were subsequently removed from the next price list, but the rear camera (and I beieve the sunroof) remained on the Audi internal ordering system. Our dealer, realised this and so our order whwn through. I'm not sure if this is still the case.

Will try to take a photo tonight of the camera for those that are interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts