Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have problems with the rear number plate sliding about?

Mine seems to be fixed to the car with some kind of velcro. It's very secure if you try to pull the plate off the car but you can slide the plate up and down at either end with the greatest of ease. I need to sort mine out every couple of days becuase one end slides down and it ends up squint.

(I have had someone else check and its definitely the plate thats squint and not me)

Cheers

·
Registered
225 Posts
mine doing something similar but does not seem to be fixed the way yours is, mine looks like there is a dealer plate surround I assume srewed into the back of the car, the plate is then stuck on using double sided sticky pads, the surround is now loose and drops everytime I shut the boot lid! very frustrating :eek:( driving around with a scewed plate most of the time... might just stick some sticky pads behind it rather than get the whole thing replaced....

·
Registered
254 Posts
I removed both plates very quickly after purchase (didn't like/want dealers name on show) fitted smaller private plates with 4 rings logo.The original surround is screwed to the bodywork.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Mines just stuck on with doublesided sticky tape, no surround, sits flush with the boot. Oh and no movement/play.

Audilad: where can you get these Audi branded plates?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That website is terrible, Its doesnt have any examples or anything really, sorry bad websites really annoy me.

Thanks though lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine's doing it too but haven't had a chance to have a good look why. Does look a bit naff though when you have a squiff plate on a smart car...:( Looks like an Audi oversight by the number of fellow sufferers?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine also did this when I took the dealer plate cover off. The screws holding the plate on were way too long so if I just had the plate only it would bounce around. I had to buy another blank plate cover but even then the screws were just barely short enough to hold the plate and cover securely.

This doesn't help anyone in the UK but in Canada (maybe states) you'll need shorter screws or another cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts