Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B9 rear number plate help...

This has been the most frustrating topic to find out about, there's nothing really in forum's and when you Google it all that comes up are rear plate brackets and lights

Many have shortened, gel plates on their beauties, however how have you stuck (NOT screwed as I want a clean look) your rear plate please, had anyone else found this problem?

The B9 (unlike my B8 & B8.5) has these strange plastic/ foam grommets that sit approx 7mm proud on the body work that the old plate screwed into, it's also painted at factory so reluctant to pull it out incase my whole boot paint cracks

PS... He gets a wash when my neighbour finishes building!

Kind regards in SC.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you considered a number plate surround. That’s what I use on my car and the surround is screwed on and the number plate clicks in hiding the screws behind. Gives a clean look which I like.
I haven't really mate, I don't like anything like that. But i may have to rethink

Kind regards in SC.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm using those exact number plate surrounds- bottom strip snaps off to allow you to insert your number plate then snap the strip back into place to hold the number plate in. No unsightly screws which gives a nice smooth look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts