Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It depends on what part of the world you're located in. Specs/options vary by country. US spec A5/S5s do not get rear fog lights.

Please update your profile with your location. This will allow folks to provide you with an accurate answer to questions like this.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
vencappk,
See the thread here which should tell you all you need to know.

Pretty sure you don't get rear fogs on that side of the pond, but don't know whether it's something you could retro-fit with the correct switch scourced from Europe and some bulbs (lamps) - I would imagine the wiring is there anyway as it will be part of the wiring loom and can't imagine that Audi would go to the expense of having a unique loom for North America compared to Europe.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you know if the rear fog lights are actually on the car and only waiting for the correct switch to be installed? ie. I buy the switch, I swap out the US version, and I get rear fog lights?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does anyone know what the (VAGCOM, VCSD) coding needs to be to enable the Rear Fogs?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can one of our friends in Europe that has a VAG-COM do a scan and post their scan or email it to me. It would be great if we could figure out how to activate the rear-fog lights here in the US. HELP, Please! :)

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you know if the rear fog lights are actually on the car and only waiting for the correct switch to be installed? ie. I buy the switch, I swap out the US version, and I get rear fog lights?
You have to recode the car. I have the switch, but it won't activate. I'm trying to figure out the coding.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Does anyone know correct vag coding? Aerodave?

My switch is on its way from Europrice.

·
Registered
302 Posts
On my buddies A3 Sportback i could VAG-COM so that the rear fogs lit up when he braked. In other words both brake lights and fog lights activated upon braking. I haven't been able to find this function in VAG-COM on my A5 though :S

·
Registered
39 Posts
On my buddies A3 Sportback i could VAG-COM so that the rear fogs lit up when he braked. In other words both brake lights and fog lights activated upon braking. I haven't been able to find this function in VAG-COM on my A5 though :S
I tried some of the A3 codes one my S5, but it didn't work. I think we need to get a european A5's settings to see what the changes need to be. The guys at OEMPL.US said that they're trying to get this last time I talked to them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Australian spec S5 has rear fog lights, so many little suprizes with this car!!
Do you by any chance have access to a VAG-COM? Would you mind doing a full scan of your car and emailing it to us? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
Do you by any chance have access to a VAG-COM? Would you mind doing a full scan of your car and emailing it to us? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
I don't know if he does have the vag-com or not, but I do and I definitely have the fogs. Send me your email via PM and I'll try for a full scan tomorrow night for you.
:cheers:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know if he does have the vag-com or not, but I do and I definitely have the fogs. Send me your email via PM and I'll try for a full scan tomorrow night for you.
:cheers:
Thanks Ben, Just sent you a PM!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Reply via email. Hope the scan data helps.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks Ben, I will try it tomorrow and will let everyone know what I find.

Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.