Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound like a silly question to anyone who doesn't look to maximise the effect of the front LED's, obviously our cars are programmed to have just the front LED DRL's on leaving the rear lights off. When you switch on the side lights the front LED's dim down and the full effect is lost..So to change this so that the rears remain on with full brightness front DRL's is this likely to be a software issue or a conventional wireing job ??

·
Registered
216 Posts
Also on a similar theme, anyone know if you can get LED rears with the same functionality as Blade's enquiry?

·
Registered
415 Posts
My guess is that it is somehow modifiable with a factory scan tool, or VAG-COM. Current-generation VWs have settings in the electronics modules that allow a variety of lights to be used as DRLs: front fogs, rear tail lights, brake lights at reduced setting, etc.

The only issue is that the documentation for the B8 platform is, thus far, very limited. The modules are mostly new, in these cars. They are surely very modifiable in software, but a lot of the knowledge about which bits and bytes to toggle just isn't there yet. I suspect that as the A4s roll out, that should improve a lot. With so few A5s on the road, it's just hard to get enough guinea pigs for the VAG-COM guys to sort out the coding.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strange this as its one mod most of us could be interested in. I'm surprised Audi didn't use LED rear lights to make a statement similar to the front of the car. I'm going to do some digging, see what I can find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts