Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So to all that are thinking of changing the rear discs/pads or both you'll need either OBDELEVEN or Rosstech VCDS.

It's important that you follow the procedures properly! Make sure the car is in ACC mode or ignition is on (engine does NOT need to be on). DO NOT AT ANY POINT ACTIVATE THE E PARKING BRAKE DURING THE PROCESS UNTIL THE VERY END! Or say goodbye to your e parking brake motors, cylinders and the potentially the whole caliper!

If using OBDELEVEN you'll need a battery charger attached to the car. On OBDELEVEN you can navigate to the screen 'Workshop' and then over to 'Brake pads replacement' follow the instructions set!

If using VCDS rosstech you need to go to module selection, go to '03 ABS' and first tap security access and input the 46182 code, once done go back. Toggle your e parking brake ON and then OFF ( foot on brake pedal) once it is OFF then proceed to below:

[Basic Settings - 04]
Select Start lining change mode [Go!] to activate the Basic Setting.
The brake calipers will then open, allowing the pads to be changed. You should hear the rear caliper motors operating. Wait 30 seconds after it says Not Running or the noises have stopped before clicking [Stop]
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

Replace rear pads/discs as usual

[Select]
[03 - ABS Brakes]
[Basic Settings - 04] Select End lining change mode [Go!] to activate the Basic Setting.
The brake calipers will then close. Wait 30 seconds after it says Not Running or the noises have stopped before clicking [Stop]
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

You will need to then scan modules and wipe the fault codes.

You're done and set!

~Alex

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Thanks Alex!!! Why did you need to change rotors on such a recent car????

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Alex!!! Why did you need to change rotors on such a recent car????
I've replaced all the discs with drilled and grooved EBC discs and red stuff pads. I had a 25% discount by using a promo code EBC25DIRECT on ebcbrakesdirect.com so it was more than worth it! Don't notice any difference in the stopping haha but looks lovely!

~Alex

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Alex ok I understand BUT a 2017 car is surely still ok with her rotors????? Drilled are better for water dispersion I think which in the UK is good. When I recently drove almost 6k kms to the UK and back my old S4 needed what seemed like an hour to start braking due to all of the water on the road and brakes, I guess it was only a few seconds but it was the first time for me that a car took ages to brake.......used to it on Japanese bikes.

Reactions: Alex1990

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alex ok I understand BUT a 2017 car is surely still ok with her rotors????? Drilled are better for water dispersion I think which in the UK is good. When I recently drove almost 6k kms to the UK and back my old S4 needed what seemed like an hour to start braking due to all of the water on the road and brakes, I guess it was only a few seconds but it was the first time for me that a car took ages to brake.......used to it on Japanese bikes.
The rotors had plenty of meat and so did the front pads, the cars only at 36k miles!

But I just love the look of the drilled and grooved rotors haha 😄

It'll last a long time mote probably even when I sell and swap for another A5 /S5(who knows 👀)

~Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts