Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
S5 Cab
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all
Nice sunny day, day off work so thought I would remove the rear diffuser and plastidip it

Removing the diffuser was a pig, don鈥檛 know how I鈥檓 going to get the side 2 x screws back in, need baby size hands to fit in the gap 馃槹

Probably won鈥檛 refit today so will post pics of it fitted tomorrow 馃憤 also fitted rear boot lip spoiler in gloss black

Registered
S5 Cab
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Plan is to paint the side blades black as well and dechrome the window trim 馃憣

Registered
Plan is to paint the side blades black as well and dechrome the window trim 馃憣
Rob, just leave the screws, it'll hold without them. I previously painted my S5 diffuser gloss black and left them off for the same reason, no issues in the year or so I had it on without them.

JG

Registered
S5 Cab
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I left the screws off john 馃憣

I had a bottle of G Techniq trim restorer in the garage which I was going to restore the trim on my old A5, so thought I鈥檇 have a go around the rubber / plastic trims in the doors, the rubber round the door shuts were minging and green, so made a huge difference

My favourite / cheapest mod of all is the good old 鈥淢agic Eraser, this thing is the nuts and gets your steering wheel looking like new and for 拢2 it鈥檚 a no brainier !!!

Before

after

Looks and feels like a new steering wheel 馃憣

Next up wrap the side blades and chrome window trim black, then look at doing something with the front grill, would like the black edition-grille but seem hard to find, if anyone has one knocking around Would be interested 馃憤

Enjoy the rest of the weekend all

Registered
Audi S5 Black Edition Mrc Stage 2
The diffuser looks great, I have been meaning to do mine for a while.
Thanks for the reminder (y)

Registered
S5 Cab
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The diffuser is looking great. What鈥檚 the durability of plasti-dip like and is it giving decent gloss finish
My last A5 had plasti dipped boot spoiler / trim around roof, durability is very good and with the Glossifier works well, the new stuff has Gloss effect in the can so even easier, went for 5 x coats in the end

Registered
Good tip for cleaning the steering wheel, I want to get the stitching back to pure white rather than slightly grubby.

Here's my diffuser I made in my garage :D

Reactions: Robtaylors

Registered
PS, you can leave the little philips screws out, I did. I used a plastic trim tool and prised along the top of the diffuser to remove it. Once it's removed, removing it again is easier. :)

Also one of the screw lug thingies that are clipped into the wheel well underneath broke and kept spinning, so glued a new one in. If anyone if removing the diffuser, be careful of these and if stiff, remove spare wheel and try and hold these plastic bits to stop them twisting.

Registered
Hi there guys, have your diffusers stayed put? I recently got one like this from eBay but unfortunately didn鈥檛 come with holes to fit the screws in. Worried that it might fall off when I鈥檓 driving.. any issues or ways around it? Thanks

Registered
Hi there guys, have your diffusers stayed put? I recently got one like this from eBay but unfortunately didn鈥檛 come with holes to fit the screws in. Worried that it might fall off when I鈥檓 driving.. any issues or ways around it? Thanks
I would say, you need the 3 screws underneath because if the wind catches it whilst driving at high speeds, it probably will pull it off! :)

Reactions: SamA628

Registered
2009 Audi A5 Quattro Sport 3.0L Coupe (Meteor Grey)
Flash Magic Eraser...perfect for steering wheels (use very gently) and windows.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts