Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As most of you know, I do like to make things and make improvements, but not pay tuner's or dealer prices. :D

I have made a batch of rear caliper covers that should fit most models (unfortunately not had the opportunity to trial fit others, but I know they fit B8/8.5 A5, S5, RS5, Q5, SQ5, A4, S4, RS4, and probably A6 models. Just measure your caliper.
Width at widest point - 112mm, width at bottom - 75mm, Height 54mm.

These covers are fitted to SQ5, later RS5s and I think B9 S5. But the OEM covers supplied by the dealer are more flat and have locating lugs, so you need holes in the calipers to fit these. The covers I have made use very high bond 3M tape, which is used on aftermarket spoilers etc and when fitted correctly, stick permanently.

Note, if you're due a rear pad replacement, then do the pads before fitting these covers. They will come off, just you will need replacement glue tape. :)

I have upgraded my front calipers with Brembo 4 pots and put S5 decals on them, which made the rears look a little standard, so I made these covers. They finish the rear brakes really nicely.

They are laser cut in 1mm stainless steel. So rigid enough for purpose, but can be manipulated to follow the contour of the brake caliper. They are all bent to suit the rear caliper on the B8 chassis.

I'm selling these covers at £35 per pair (Dealers want £42+ per side!) and will come finished in gunmetal grey, VHB tape applied, and alcohol wipes to clean the caliper (ensure caliper face is clean and free or dirt/rust before cleaning with wipe).

As a personalisation option, I can offer a paint colour of your choice (standard caliper paint colours) and decals for £45. See my gloss black with S5 decals below. :)

If you're interested in a set message me or email me on [email protected]

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Guitar accessory Font Symbol Carmine Fashion accessory

Wood Font Hardwood Electric blue Symbol

Rectangle Wood Electric blue Flooring Hardwood

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Smokey Joe

·
Registered
Audi S5 sportback
306 Posts
I'll grab a set in the near future. Still waiting on a used set of Q5 front calipers to pop up on eBay

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll grab a set in the near future. Still waiting on a used set of Q5 front calipers to pop up on eBay
(y)

Those Brembo 4 pots do seem to have disappeared now! Except the 320mm versions! :(

I did see some B9 S5 calipers, tapered 6 pot for about £500. These would be good as they have the tapered pistons and they are radially mounted, so you can chose your disc size!! :)

·
Registered
Audi S5 sportback
306 Posts
(y)

Those Brembo 4 pots do seem to have disappeared now! Except the 320mm versions! :(

I did see some B9 S5 calipers, tapered 6 pot for about £500. These would be good as they have the tapered pistons and they are radially mounted, so you can chose your disc size!! :)
Link please

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Link please
Ah, sorry Aswad, I saw the B9 6 pots when I was looking for mine, but the tight wad in me went for the £150 Brembo 4 pots! :)

But try a search, there are some 18Zs on there from the Q7 I searched for 'Audi 6 pot calipers'. I presume they fit, but not sure. They use a 350mm disc, but that only an extra 2.5mm on the outer part of the disc over the 345mm S5 discs. Looks like £450ish is the price to get you into multi pot calipers.

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
They look stunning mate well done!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another batch ready!
Sleeve Font T-shirt Carmine Fashion accessory

Doesn't have to be S5 decals! Q5, SQ5, RS5, S line...

• Wow
Reactions: HTB

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
890 Posts
If you could confirm that these will fit the 3.0 TDI f53 variant then I’d definitely take a pair!!
OR
Any off chance for just one to check?? Or do you have a scrap piece for size atleast? I don’t mind paying for postage and then buying the complete set if I can confirm they fit?

~Alex

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you could confirm that these will fit the 3.0 TDI f53 variant then I’d definitely take a pair!!
OR
Any off chance for just one to check?? Or do you have a scrap piece for size atleast? I don’t mind paying for postage and then buying the complete set if I can confirm they fit?

~Alex
Hi Alex,

If you have a B8/8.5, then yes they will fit. :) The caliper is the same, just has longer carrier legs for the larger S5 discs.
Is the F53 the B9? Can you send me a pic of the rear calipers?

I am in discussions with another B9 owner (I think) to see if they will fit. The covers are pliable to a certain degree and I think the B9 rear caliper are flatter and not as rounded as the B8? They can be bent to fit.

Send me a message with a couple of pics to check first, then if I think it's possible, I could send you some unpainted blanks for you to check. I do have a trial cover made out of plastic :). And to be super helpful placing a tape measure against the caliper, if possible, then I can judge the sizing too. Or whereabouts are you? If you're anywhere near Manchester, I could come to you?

I know the B9 has different calipers based on it's model, unlike the B8 where the same rear caliper were used for all models, even the RS5.

With the B9 having different brake setups, it does make it more difficult, unless I nip down to Audi and look at all the models there, but then I still will be unsure of whether the calipers vary on year and model. The B8 is dead easy, they're all the same. :)

Reactions: Alex1990

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
890 Posts
I’m based in Wrexham about an hour away!

I do go to Salford often to see my partner so I can come over to you to check fitment and purchase directly then too!

PM me your number and we can see about meeting up and checking fitment? If you have a black set too then that would be brilliant 😝 only if it fits 🙌🏻

Thanks for the quick reply.

~Alex

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds perfect.

The only issue is, I wouldn't want to paint them, then try and re-shape them as this will damage the paint. Best to do this before, then paint. Or we can check and if they fit possibly buy them unpainted?

Looking at your pic, they do look similar in size and flat on the face like I suspected. The only issue I can see is, you may have a slight gap around the side of the caliper between it and the cover where it indents at the top of the arched access for rewinding the caliper piston. But from looking at it through the wheel I don't think this will be an issue.

I'll msg you now.

Reactions: Alex1990

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Dave! 👍🍻 They are a simple mod that finishes off the rear brakes!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I picked up a set of these at the weekend from Dave, and the quality is excellent!!

I haven't fitted them yet as the colour doesn't quite match my calipers (not Dave's fault).

I'll post again when they're fitted

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Andy! I do like the red!

Was thinking, you could give the rear calipers a 'quick' blow over with Brilliant red as the shade isn't that much of a difference and the calipers don't need a complete colour change so you only need to do the bits on show!? :)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's the OEM part number for the B9 S5 8W0-698-221/B8.5 8K0698221A - the 'K' is the model number and denotes what decal is on them.

- These are flat though and don't have a curved caliper like the B8/8.5.

Apparently they were fitted to the early B9 S5s, then Audi did a economy drive and stopped fitting them and just left the calipers painted red.

ECS sell them, $76 (£56) for one! :) And if you want to retro fit, you have to drill your calipers to accept the fixings lugs or cut the lugs off and use VHB tape like mine.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Finally got round to fitting the caliper covers. The decals I used (which I already had lying around) are perhaps a little on the small side but they still finish the caliper off nicely.
Great fit, didn't require any manipulation.
Thanks Dave.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers Joe! :)

They compliment your alloys! (y)

Reactions: Smokey Joe
1 - 20 of 20 Posts