Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I just bought a 2014 A5 in Monsoon Grey. Want to get some new wheels soon and I'm looking at the AG M510s, but I'm unsure about the sizing.

Would the 19x9.5 fit? When I put my make/model on CARiD or Element Wheels it only guarantees the 8.5 width to fit.

Also, what offset should I go for? Obviously I don't want any rubbing issues but I don't want the wheels tucked too far in as well. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm planning to get H&R OE springs, and 255/35 Hankook Ventus V12 tires as well if that helps.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Posted this in general questions before I noticed this sicky so reposting it here too.

Hi guys, just bought a set of wheels from a 2010 TT. They are 9 x 18 ET52. I've now found out that my A5 wheels are 8.5 x 18 ET29 and have also discovered that the center bore is larger on the A5 than on the TT. Any one else come across this before and how did you sort it out? I know I should have checked the center bore out before I bought them but I wrongly assumed that they would have been correct. Why is the A5 almost the only car in the Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda range to have the bigger center bore?

Have just done a quick check on the ET and it appears that I possibly need a spacer of approx 15mm to correct the offset. My main concern is the 66.6 center bore of the A5 compared to the 57.1 of the TT wheels.
It's not just the A5/S5 that use the 66 center bore. I believe that Audi has switched most over to it now.

You will have to bore out the center to use the TT wheels. No getting around it, they will not fit otherwise.

Personally, I would sell them and get something that fits properly. Too much can go wrong with making these fit to be worth it, IMO. Between the machine shop having to be perfect with the center bore and then having to add a spacer into the mix, I think you are asking for trouble.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello I can buy very nice wheels but they are 5x100 and I must use wheel adaptor (minimum 22mm) front wheels are 9J/19/et35 rear 10J/19/et30, after using adaptor I can get et 13 and et 8.
Will they fit a5 coupe 2008. (Stretch tyres)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hello I can buy very nice wheels but they are 5x100 and I must use wheel adaptor (minimum 22mm) front wheels are 9J/19/et35 rear 10J/19/et30, after using adaptor I can get et 13 and et 8.
Will they fit a5 coupe 2008. (Stretch tyres)
Well your big problem is that your bolt holes won't line up. You need 5X112mm, not 5X100mm.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well your big problem is that your bolt holes won't line up. You need 5X112mm, not 5X100mm.

I know that my English is very poor ... but you probably did not read what I wrote.

The question is easy.

Do rims

10J/19 ET8 rear (225/35)
9J/19 ET13 front (215/35)

will fit the Audi a5 coupe

·
Registered
428 Posts
I know that my English is very poor ... but you probably did not read what I wrote.

The question is easy.

Do rims

10J/19 ET8 rear (225/35)
9J/19 ET13 front (215/35)

will fit the Audi a5 coupe

Are you saying you have an adapter that will make a 5x100 wheel fit on a 5x112 hub? I haven't heard of such a thing, but I don't know that much about this stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi i'm in the process of buying wheels, 19' 255/35/19 but they said the offset is et43, does this mean the wheel will sit further in the arch? or should i try to get them closer to 32? thanks in advance,

·
Registered
8 Posts
the wheels is a wsp italy w567 the rotor wheel in hyper silver, performace alloys in northern ireland said they only make this wheel in et43

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Guys

I am looking to change my wheels on my 2008 A5 for a different style. I also want to fill the arches a bit more. Currently running on 19's.

Looking for some opinions on whether I should buy 20's or just stick with 19's and lower the suspension?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can someone tell me if wheel spacers are a must? The car I am getting comes with 19x9 ET33 (saleswoman said 35 but from what I can read they should be 33). Would there be any adverse affects of getting 19x9 ET45 (for example from an A4) and not using spacers?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can someone tell me if wheel spacers are a must? The car I am getting comes with 19x9 ET33 (saleswoman said 35 but from what I can read they should be 33). Would there be any adverse affects of getting 19x9 ET45 (for example from an A4) and not using spacers?
Going with ET45 will make the wheels look a bit more "caved in".
Your choice but I would stick with 33-35.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I have a set of the standard 18s from the a5. What kind of price would you say they should be up for? 2 good pirellis and 2 to yous will about 2mm left.

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi I wonder if anyone could help. I've recently bought an A5 3.0tdi s line special edition and it has the 'y' design alloys at 19" but they appear to not be the usual plain alloy colour but have a kind of dark wash colour to them, I think I've noticed some pics on google with the same kind of tint but all the codes in my service book don't show anything for the wheel colour. Anybody know if I'm right or just imagining it? I'd like to get them refurbed soon but not lose any original colour.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I'm looking to buy some rs4 alloys
they are 19"X9j with offset et29
will they fit the a5 and just sit outside the arch slightly?
anyone have the same wheels can show a pic of how much they would stick out?
thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I want to swap my current 20" S5 alloys for some 20" RS5 5-arm Rotor design titanium ones. Audi are telling me they won't fit as the offset is slightly different (my understanding is that the offset on my current alloys is 29, and the RS5s are 26).

I need to let them know early next week as the alloys are being changed. At the moment they are telling me that I only have 2 options; my current 20" double spokes, or an alternative double spoke (which have a slight twist in them) - nether of which I'm keen on having.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice! I guess I need to assure Audi that they are safe to fit on the car before they will agree to supply them.

·
Super Moderator
1,293 Posts
I want to swap my current 20" S5 alloys for some 20" RS5 5-arm Rotor design titanium ones. Audi are telling me they won't fit as the offset is slightly different (my understanding is that the offset on my current alloys is 29, and the RS5s are 26).

I need to let them know early next week as the alloys are being changed. At the moment they are telling me that I only have 2 options; my current 20" double spokes, or an alternative double spoke (which have a slight twist in them) - nether of which I'm keen on having.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice! I guess I need to assure Audi that they are safe to fit on the car before they will agree to supply them.
This has all been answered in the post you put here:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/s5-performance-mods/95569-alloy-help-needed-will.html#post988905

·
Registered
5 Posts
Evening all

Very new to forum but needed a quick bit of info.

I have read above and think I understand this. However, I would like some confirmation I am correct.

I have at present 7.5J x 17 with 225 50 R17 94Y

Seen some rotor turbine alloys genuine made by Ronal?

Size is 9J x19 H2 ET33 or Audi part 8TO601025CD with Michelin pilot sport 3 size 255/35 ZR 19 96Y.

Will these fit as standard with no changes in the arch and not cause any problems, do I use the same wheel bolts as scared I could damage something. I understand that these new tyres are wider, lower profile? But bigger in circumference as 19", the load index is more and the speed rating etc is the same. Lastly would this change car in any other way.

If someone could let me know I would be very grateful to you.

Regards.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Evening all

Very new to forum but needed a quick bit of info.

I have read above and think I understand this. However, I would like some confirmation I am correct.

I have at present 7.5J x 17 with 225 50 R17 94Y

Seen some rotor turbine alloys genuine made by Ronal?

Size is 9J x19 H2 ET33 or Audi part 8TO601025CD with Michelin pilot sport 3 size 255/35 ZR 19 96Y.

Will these fit as standard with no changes in the arch and not cause any problems, do I use the same wheel bolts as scared I could damage something. I understand that these new tyres are wider, lower profile? But bigger in circumference as 19", the load index is more and the speed rating etc is the same. Lastly would this change car in any other way.

If someone could let me know I would be very grateful to you.

Regards.

Should be absolutely fine mate. Will be a straight swap and shouldn't have any issues.

According to willtheyfit.com, the overall diameter will increase very slightly and will cause an -0.65% error in your speedo. This is very very small and well within the -2.5% recommended threshold.

Added bonus is the larger wheel width will make the wheel sit better in the arches and not sink in as much, and reduce the arch gap, although this is a rather small gain!

Look forward to seeing pics when you get them on

21 - 40 of 52 Posts