Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After seeing that there is beeing started new threads on the same topic
almost every day I wanted to make an thread to help this.

Looking for new wheels or just wondering about what size will fit?

Audi A5 has been delivered with different sizes according to different motors or where dey are delivered.

The standard wheels are usually:
7,5 X 17" ET28 With 225\50R17
8,5 x 18" ET 28 245\40R18
8,5 X 19" ET 32 255\35R19
9 x 19" ET 33 255\35R19
9 X 20" ET 29 265\30R20
9 X 20" ET 26 275\35R20 for OEM RS rotors

The bolt pattern are 5x112, centre hub must be 66,6mm(online it's written 66,1 66,5 and 66,6)

This is mostly the basic "must know"

What does offset mean:
Tirerack will tell you

calculator for wheels and tires:
Will they fit?
Offset calculator
And another offset calculator

Usual question are:

will wheels from a4\a6 or other audis fit my A5?
-Yes, sort of, if the centre hub is same size(older audis uses smaller centre hub), but the offset is wrong, then you would have to use spacers.
Use of spacers has been discussed if are safe\smart, but there will be more stress on wheel bearings.

The orginal wheels don't sit close enough to the fenders, how big spacer is needed?
-The answer is normally depending on what width the wheels are. And how flush you want it to be.But you can either measure
the space from wheel to arch and using the calculator above. Or read what others use and calculate.

If I lower my car will this affect how big and\or wide wheels I can use?
-Both yes and no, depend on how low you are going. But usually you can go really low on the 5'er without downsizing on the wheels.

How big wheels can i put on the 5'er?
-People have used up to 21" without modifying anything, but with bigger wheels the car can look higher, and you might want to lower it.

Will other wheels affect the perfomance or handeling?
-The fact is there are light wheels and heavier wheels, heavier tires will make your car slower on acceleration and use more fuel.
Wide tires can make better traction and grip. But can also be the oppositt on wet road.

Should I use staggered wheels or not?
-Usually no problems, but if it is Quattro, it must be same rolling circumference, or within few % difference.

How wide wheels can fit?
-I've seen 10,5" wide wheels used in front and 12" and 13" used rear.
Example:
10" in front and 11" in the back

Ask question here instead of making a new thread and first post can be updated with info.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The standard wheels are usually:
7,5 X 17" ET28 With 225\50R17
8,5 x 18" ET 28 245\40R18
9 x 19" ET 33 255\34R19
9 X 20" ET 29 265\30R19
Second to last line should be 35R20, last line should be 30R20.

Can also add 9Jx20H2 ET26 with 275/35/ZR20 for the OEM RS rotors.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Second to last line should be 35R20, last line should be 30R20.

Can also add 9Jx20H2 ET26 with 275/35/ZR20 for the OEM RS rotors.
Second to last line should actually be 35R19...! ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Great post! Just looking to buy some wheels for my A5, that will be delived in april (used) :)

I am looking at A5/S5 8T0601025H wheels and tires, with the size 255/35/19, rim width 8.5 and 32 offset, 5 hole PCD: 112.

These should be original, but are not listed in your post (you have 33 offset and 9 width).

How come these are not listed in your post? Wondering if the wheels are replicas or maybe Audi delivers both 9 and 8.5 inches wide, and these should be added to your post?

And should these fit perfectly on my car, although they are a different width and offset than you listed?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great post! Just looking to buy some wheels for my A5, that will be delived in april (used) :)

I am looking at A5/S5 8T0601025H wheels and tires, with the size 255/35/19, rim width 8.5 and 32 offset, 5 hole PCD: 112.

These should be original, but are not listed in your post (you have 33 offset and 9 width).

How come these are not listed in your post? Wondering if the wheels are replicas or maybe Audi delivers both 9 and 8.5 inches wide, and these should be added to your post?

And should these fit perfectly on my car, although they are a different width and offset than you listed?
I took these numbers from Audis accessories catalogue. The norwegian one tho. I've never heard of 19" for A5 with 8,5", but part number tells me that it's original A5 part.

This fit well on your car, can add spacer for more aggresive look, but not necessary. Thanks for more info, gonna add to first post.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, should look just like when it rolls out from factory, some like it that way, some like more stance.

Concerning tires there are many other threads about brands(handling, noise and durability)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
the OEM RS5 should be 275/30r20

anyone know the fender distance to hub on a5?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone driving with 21" and would like to tell us how that is compared to 20 or 19 inch?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i know this is a dumb question and i am going to get ripped for it but will 9 x 20 et 26 fit an A5 premium plus. I have 18" on there now. The ones i am looking at R5 take offs.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The Wiki link no longer takes you to a description of what offset means

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i know this is a dumb question and i am going to get ripped for it but will 9 x 20 et 26 fit an A5 premium plus. I have 18" on there now. The ones i am looking at R5 take offs.
This will work just fine, the wheel arches are the same on all A5, even if it is premium, s-line, black edition or what else it's called around the world. Think it's just the same as on S5, the RS5 have wider wheel arches.

This thread is for helping with question like this without making a new thread for similar question every time :)
The Wiki link no longer takes you to a description of what offset means
Thank you, changed link.

·
Registered
20 Posts
S5 wheels for A5

Can someone confirm that 18" wheels from a '09 S5 will fit ok on a '13 A5??
Also will a slightly larger 245-45-18 vs 245-40-18 tire create any problems other than 5% speedo error??

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Can someone confirm that 18" wheels from a '09 S5 will fit ok on a '13 A5??
Also will a slightly larger 245-45-18 vs 245-40-18 tire create any problems other than 5% speedo error??
If you talk about OEM wheels from a S5, then yes, aftermarket wheels from an S5, then also yes. It's basicly the same car (except for some engine/options differences)

As long as it's supelow the difference between 40 and 45 would notnbe noticed in any way except maybe a bit softer and a little difference on speedo,
The difference is 3, 75% = 80km/h vs 82, 8km/h

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've just bought the BBS CH-R 20 x 9.0" 5 x 112 ET25
H&R Front 5mm
H&R Rear 10mm

Mostly motorway miles for me but do love my backroads so handling needs to be good.

Never had 20" wheels before so at a bit of a loss as to what tyres to go with. Any advice please?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Why would wider tyres potentially give less traction in the wet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
giovanna wheels/MECCA - 245/35/20" - something wrong?

Hi guys,

i'm new here, and please forgive if i ask a dumb question.

i've got an used A5 2.0 TFSI sportback (2013 model) in a deal. It came with 20" mecca/giovanna wheels, but the measures of the tyres don't match with the ones posted above.

It's a 245/35 "aderenza" tyre, and the authorized dealer told me that they don't match, only with 19" wheels.

Also told me the wheels would eventually damage the suspension/brakes/ABS systems.

Any tip about this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Posted this in general questions before I noticed this sicky so reposting it here too.

Hi guys, just bought a set of wheels from a 2010 TT. They are 9 x 18 ET52. I've now found out that my A5 wheels are 8.5 x 18 ET29 and have also discovered that the center bore is larger on the A5 than on the TT. Any one else come across this before and how did you sort it out? I know I should have checked the center bore out before I bought them but I wrongly assumed that they would have been correct. Why is the A5 almost the only car in the Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda range to have the bigger center bore?

Have just done a quick check on the ET and it appears that I possibly need a spacer of approx 15mm to correct the offset. My main concern is the 66.6 center bore of the A5 compared to the 57.1 of the TT wheels.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts