Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: "No Real dyno in America..." ECU TUNING

I'm somewhat speechless about this statement / piece of correspondence with Singh Autosport but I will let you guys interpret it as you deem appropriate without any bias:

Q1 from me:
Hello there,
What sort of gains are attainable with your S5 ECU program? Any dyno-sheets available? Thanks in advance.

A1 from Singh Autosport:
The gains are around 22-24hp, I'll have to look for the dyno sheets (we do all our tests in Germany on a real dyno... please read our FAQ's page). References are available from Audi dealerships.

Q2 from curious me when I didn't get a dyno sheet:
Hello Jag,
It's alright if you do not have a dyno handy. If I proceed with ecu tuning through Singh, I will have a dyno performed prior to the tune and then another dyno afterwards and at least 100 travelled miles. I will be outsourcing the dyno to 034motorsport or dynospot which are close by.

A2 from Singh Autosport:
PLEASE READ OUR FAQ's PAGE.
There isn't a correct dyno in North America? There's one being built by a Nascar engineer on the East Coast, thats all I know of.

---------- End of Correspondence ----------

My question is if, the tool used to record data remains the common denominator, wouldn't it be a rational and feasible deduction to sort of leverage any standard deviation from pre-tune and post-tune data recordings to assess general gains / loss?

Also note: Their FAQ page also states that "many tuners post dyno sheets with results that have been fabricated."

Lets discuss, I'm apparently very confused.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also note:
Because the Fremont correspondent couldn't find the german-based dyno sheet for me, I tried googling Singh for its UK / Germany based locations / facilities but could not pull up anything. Do any of you guys in those parts know if they are maybe under a different affiliate name?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I would agree that the correction factor is irrelevant if you are just looking for the pre-post difference. As for their 'no real dyno' claim, there are plenty of places using Dynapacks now (bolts to the wheel hub to eliminate the traction variable) which is about as accurate as it gets. Furthermore, lots of Evo's and Skylines are tuned to outrageous power levels in America using a standard AWD mustang dyno.

So most likely they are full of crap.

-noob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts