Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question... I know that euro spec MMI NAVs have the ability to list RDS TMC traffic alerts, and to reroute your trip around the traffic. Now, for some reason, even though the US also uses the same RDS TMC technology, the US spec MMI NAV does not list or recieve RDS TMC traffic alearts.

So, my questions is, that since it would make the most sense to make all the MMI NAV units alike, and to only have the DVDs with the nav info different, I was wondering if there was maybe a DVD or VAG-COM hack that could turn on RDS-TMC traffic alerts on US spec MMI NAV cars? If not, do you think that if I order am MMI system for 2 grand USD from this site ( http://www.satnavsystems.com/default.asp ), which states that their MMI units are UK spec versions with RDS-TMC, can I put that system in my car to replace the current MMI unit, and would the RDS-TMC work? Obviously I wouldn't spend the 2k for just the RDS-TMC, but once the new MMI comes out with all those cool new features, as long as its under 3 grand, I may buy it and try to put it in my S5.

Thanks!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Hi Jimmy,

Best you search this dedicated Audi/VW nav forum here. I remember people did try it, but you can also post your question there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Jimmyz, did you find a solution to have Europe TMC functionnal on US unit ?

I'm in the same case, I already have EU radio unit on the back.

Best regards :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts