Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it rains or I clean the car water comes into the passenger footwell. It comes in from the left side corner and not from under glove box. I have a A5 2010 sport back. I’ve unblocked the bung in the middle of bonnet under windscreen but don’t know where any others are? Can anyone help?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2012 A5 Coupe had the same issue... Turned out to be the other drain hole in the plenum chamber. There is one which is easily accessible and another that sits under the brake servo which is more difficult to access. The water fills up and comes in through the external air vent and then through your pollen filter into the passenger footwell.

I used a BBQ skewer to get in and force through all the gunk - mostly old leaves. I now inspect this every winter to remove any leaves. When you pour water down your windscreen, you should see it drop behind both front wheels. Mine was only coming out on the passenger side.

The frustrating thing is that AUDI were supposed to inspect these as part of a major service and this happened to me weeks after I had the car in. They refused to take responsibility for the water damage and even requested £60 to inspect the "fault".

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If all your bung holes are clear then it could be the air con drain pipes which are fitted to the centre trans tunnel on both sides below the heater matrix box

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ideal. Thanks for the info folks.

I used a BBQ skewer to get in and force through all the gunk - mostly old leaves. I now inspect this every winter to remove any leaves. When you pour water down your windscreen, you should see it drop behind both front wheels. Mine was only coming out on the passenger side.

The frustrating thing is that AUDI were supposed to inspect these as part of a major service and this happened to me weeks after I had the car in. They refused to take responsibility for the water damage and even requested £60 to inspect the "fault".
[/QUOTE]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts