Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came from a 2008 BMW 335xi for the last 12 years, and there are a few things I liked better about it than my new 2019 S5. One of them being that there is no rain runoff solution for when opening the trunk. Rain just flows right into the trunk getting everything wet in there. What happened? Seems like a simple engineering idea that was lost with my S5.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Couvier mate PLEASE show us yer car and not you!!!!!! Re your question unfortunately you are 100% correct, the boot design is totally stupid and water is always happy to ruin your day and yer boot. One thing that you can try is to clear the small drain points which easily clog up, cos they SHOULD allow water to drain away thus keeping your boot dry ish.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you or a previous owner install/use a trunk-mounted bike rack? I did on my '09 S5 B8 when I moved from Colorado to the East Coast and the drag created by the bike bent the hinges just enough to allow water to get into the trunk space.

An easy test to check the hinges is at night or in a dark garage, place a flashlight in the trunk and see if you can see light escaping around the windshield. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.