Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Took delivery of my 3.0TDi Quattro Sport a week ago and have been in heaven ever since! I had test driven about 20 cars before meeting the A5 and in the first 2 minutes I just started spontaneously laughing at the joy of the drive....and I'm still laughing!

It was pissing it down yesterday in sunny Wales and as I opened my door I noticed a river of water flow off my roof and into the open door onto my seats and carpets. The same happened on the passenger door too. Is this a bit of a design fault and has anyone else noticed this?

llanman
3.0 TDi Quattro Sport
Meteor Grey

· Registered
52 Posts
Seems to be design fault noticed this the day collected mine! Suppose it's something can put up with.

· Registered
16 Posts
This is the price you pay for the beautiful frameless windows.

This problem is common on convertibles.

· Registered
714 Posts
"Reports of rattles at various speeds from the dash, both doors needing re-aligning as they did not match up with the adjoining panels, windows leaking slightly when hosed - between door window and rear pillar, plus MMI console occasionally locks and will not allow playing of CDs."

source: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=1185&

The above sounds like a fault but I think this is different to what you're reporting? Even in my rather square A3, opening the door after washing/heavy rain can result in a shower on the seats. I wonder if this is why leather comes as standard in the UK :rolleyes:

· Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Yep, stupid design. What's even worse... have a roof full of water, have your window down fully, and go turn a corner.

Waste of time getting dried after coming out the shower.

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Its what you get for have no guttering on the roof and frameless windows.

· Registered
1,636 Posts
laughing at Rab and Saj cause its so true...! thats why when it rains i dont wear white just in case...

surely there is something out there that we could use, I used vaseline along the edge of the seal on my convertible but it did leave a small smudge over the window but it wasnt noticeable but it did stop the water soaking me while turning or moving off must off

· Registered
27 Posts
SPeed limiter anyone????

i have my suspicions that there is infact, no speed limiter on the S5 - The US brochure states that the US model is limited to 130mph - The other day i had the speedo up to 164 on the digital speedo in the centre and the car was showing no signs of being forcefully stopped????? anyone else have any experience of this or have hit the limiter??

p.s - was on a closed road with a professional driver ;)

· Registered
290 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.