Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way i can change this. The radio or whatever source i have been listening to automatically comes on with volume when i start the car, even if its turned to mute when i turn the car off. Can i change or turn off this "auto-on"??

·
Registered
385 Posts
This annoys me too.. You should be able to have the sound making devices off until you want them on... I want Nav on, but radio off....

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have MMI but thanks fred44, holding in the volume button does shut it down.. It is annoying how the mute turns off when i start up again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't have MMI but thanks fred44, holding in the volume button does shut it down.. It is annoying how the mute turns off when i start up again.
Bit of a pain if you want to use the MMI for something else such as the Sat Nav or to make phone call.

IIRC it's been discussed a few times here as it's one of the improvements for MMI 3G

·
Registered
385 Posts
It really should be a simple software configuration for Audi to do.. You should be able to switch the radio off, but keep the phone and Nav working.. Other cars can do this surely??

·
Registered
33 Posts
well, not sure if this was mentioned, but could the "pause" button resetting when you restart have anything to do with the car memory? i know that when you have the remembering the last setting off, it just goes back to the last setting it remembered. eg would be the a/c unit, where the temperature would be the last setting for that key. so if you have the the little button next to the memory button to on, whatever setting you left your car with that key would apply. hope this makes sense and hope that works.

xxup - that would be radio at paused, and others at on.

i have an 09 with B&O and nav, if that makes any difference...

·
Registered
Audi Q5
1 Posts
Is there any way i can change this. The radio or whatever source i have been listening to automatically comes on with volume when i start the car, even if its turned to mute when i turn the car off. Can i change or turn off this "auto-on"??
Yes! I joined here to answer this same question. When you hold down the volume knob the Audi home screen will appear with the Audi rings. I got in and out of my car four times afterwards and this fixed everything! I still was able to use Bluetooth to make a phone call without any issues and also when I pressed any of the buttons for car, media, etc. the screen popped right up that I needed. I was able to hold down the volume button knob once again afterwards and it went to the clean Audi home screen. Life-changing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts