Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010my A5 cabriolet has a terrible crackle noise. I tried turning down volumes of individual speakers to try isolate the source. Made no difference. Has since gotten worse. No difference if other media source is selected. In fact makes no difference if I switch on mute or indeed if I remove the key and get out. WTF???

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My 2010my A5 cabriolet has a terrible crackle noise. I tried turning down volumes of individual speakers to try isolate the source. Made no difference. Has since gotten worse. No difference if other media source is selected. In fact makes no difference if I switch on mute or indeed if I remove the key and get out. WTF???
Apparently only my car then. However, I did source and fix the problem (hopefully). Water ingress past boot seal and the roof folding clamshell revealed dirty rubbers seals. A careful wash and clean then treated with WD40 revitalised the seals. Since then, and thanks to warmer and better dry weather all has dried all out. Crackling seems cured. Yay 馃槉

Registered
2015 Audi A5 S-Line Quattro White
Apparently only my car then. However, I did source and fix the problem (hopefully). Water ingress past boot seal and the roof folding clamshell revealed dirty rubbers seals. A careful wash and clean then treated with WD40 revitalised the seals. Since then, and thanks to warmer and better dry weather all has dried all out. Crackling seems cured. Yay 馃槉
i remember getting my 2010 TT back from getting window tints done and the stereo was crackling and it then boiled down to water in the amp
i then had taken it out the car and taken it apart to pat down and leave to dry for a couple of days...... it worked a treat
glad you found a fix to your problem

Registered
Re the fix, time will tell. It鈥檚 apparently a problem specific to the cab. Meanwhile I鈥檓 hopeful. Seeing other people reporting having to exchange the amp. That would bring tears to my eyes. Perhaps it鈥檚 possible to shift the amp?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.