Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wrong forum I know, but I may have an R8 coming in, 57 plate Daytona Grey.

Please register any interest, it will be in shortly if the deal is tied up.

No price yet.

·
Registered
163 Posts
What they are advertised for and what they sell for are two very different things.

Besides, official dealers cannot sell over list, can they :confused:

You mean that "fair market value" they add to a car when it first comes out? I don't know what Audi policy is for dealers and if they are able to do that.

G

·
You mean that "fair market value" they add to a car when it first comes out? I don't know what Audi policy is for dealers and if they are able to do that.
Ferrari dealers are not allowed to sell a brand new car for over list, but they are now allowed to sell second hand cars over list. Suprise suprise 1 owner ferrari's are now appearing at main dealers with about 250 miles on them, way over list :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys, been on training course.

It will be list, no premium added.

I do have an R8 coming up, (that is a used car ) and that will be a premium.

But A5 and S5 are at list

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just realised I posted this in wrong thread, Doh!!!!

The R8 is physical now, but we are offering to existing deposit payers first. If it is available Monday I will post details and price.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My local dealer has got a (sold) black R8 in the showroom right now. The list price for an R8 in Aus is $260,000 + on road costs. I gotta say it looks gorgeous and makes me wonder anyone would still want to buy a 911 Porsche (who are of course now VW/Audi's biggest single shareholder) when they could have an R8. Only an Aston - which I would concede is probably a tad more practical - comes as close to looking as beautiful.

But you'd have to have rocks in your head to want to pay nearly 20,000 pounds over list price just to have one sooner rather than later!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Preaching to the converted

Preaching to the converted I know, but I had the opportunity to have an enthusiastic drive in a R8 with the R- Tronic gearbox, and I have to say after working in the industry for 25 years and driving some of the best cars in the world, it was awesome and worth the premium as it drove and performed better than cars that cost considerably more, even allowing for the premium.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts