Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow A5 and S5 enthusiasts:

First of all, I am a dunce when it comes to computers and electronics. Secondly I am completely upset, bummed by the "Winking DRLs." I am beginning to look even more stupid when I am told my DRL went out when I used my turn signal. I am tired of that and I need help to stop it.

Aerodave has been a real prince when it comes to information on how to correct this situation. He has sent me the codes, warnings on the misuse, he has even said if I was in his neighborhood, he would fix this problem for me. Great guy that aeronautic genius, but he's in Dayton, OH and I am in Phoenix, AZ. See the problem?

I took the codes to my dealer and they agreed to fix my dilemma. The problem they encountered was every time they entered the codes and then disconnected the VAG-COM, the system reverted to the original settings. They were frustrated. I was disappointed.

So, I appeal to my fellow A5_OC members for a solution to my problem. Is there a guardian angel in the Phoenix area? Is there some simple solution that the dealership overlooked? Please, people, help this desperate and pitiful being.

I can be reached at [email protected].

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Quickag,

You might find this site useful it's a list of owners of the Vag-Com cable updated by the owners so you might find someone in your area who might help.

http://www.vagtoolfinder.com/locator.aspx
Good luck

R

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks TXcarguy and Bungle

I found a guy in the North Phoenix area who may be the one I need. I appreciate your suggestions and am thankful for people like you with excellent taste and who drive cars like ours.

I'm going to e-mail Tyler right now to get the ball rolling. Hey, and all he asks for is beer. A man after my own heart.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Fellow A5 and S5 enthusiasts:

First of all, I am a dunce when it comes to computers and electronics. Secondly I am completely upset, bummed by the "Winking DRLs." I am beginning to look even more stupid when I am told my DRL went out when I used my turn signal. I am tired of that and I need help to stop it.

Aerodave has been a real prince when it comes to information on how to correct this situation. He has sent me the codes, warnings on the misuse, he has even said if I was in his neighborhood, he would fix this problem for me. Great guy that aeronautic genius, but he's in Dayton, OH and I am in Phoenix, AZ. See the problem?

I took the codes to my dealer and they agreed to fix my dilemma. The problem they encountered was every time they entered the codes and then disconnected the VAG-COM, the system reverted to the original settings. They were frustrated. I was disappointed.

So, I appeal to my fellow A5_OC members for a solution to my problem. Is there a guardian angel in the Phoenix area? Is there some simple solution that the dealership overlooked? Please, people, help this desperate and pitiful being.

I can be reached at [email protected].

Thanks
the DRLs are supposed to go out when the turn signal's on. I've seen it happen on more than one A5s, and it happens on my s5 as well. I think it's because the LEDs are too bright and people won't see the turn signal if they're being bliinded by the DRLS.

·
Registered
470 Posts
the DRLs are supposed to go out when the turn signal's on. I've seen it happen on more than one A5s, and it happens on my s5 as well. I think it's because the LEDs are too bright and people won't see the turn signal if they're being bliinded by the DRLS.
Yes, obviously that's supposed to happen, but most people don't want it. it doesn't look very nice when one of your drl's are turned off while the other is still on

·
Registered
122 Posts
well i don't think he knew that was supposed to happen. and what if you dont' like it there's nothing you can do about it unless somehow you can reprogram your headlights or something. and its only temporary, how long do you have your signals on at one time. I think it's kind of a cool effect.

·
Registered
470 Posts
well i don't think he knew that was supposed to happen. and what if you dont' like it there's nothing you can do about it unless somehow you can reprogram your headlights or something. and its only temporary, how long do you have your signals on at one time. I think it's kind of a cool effect.
I guess it's all a matter of personal taste. I think it looks retarded with one of the drl's turned off. But it's not temporary and it's not that complicated to reprogram your headlights. all you need is a pc and a vag-com cable.

p.s is it possible to input vag-com codes through a mac because i don't own a pc:cool:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Guys I have my A5 in order now,, what's that problem with the turn signal may someone explain?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Guys I have my A5 in order now,, what's that problem with the turn signal may someone explain?
The DRL on the side the blinker is on is turned off or dimmed.

Probably as a safety feature making the blinker more visible.
However, it looks kinda silly and people will inform you its broken...while it really isn't.

Anyway, this is easily fixed with a vag.com change.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
See this thread for background info and discussion on the topic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts