Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am a complete novice to remapping, power boosting and chipping so could use a little guidance.

How would I go about getting the power (BHP) output increased in my car?

What is the likely increase in power and will this be noticeable in the performance of the car?

Does an increase in power also mean uprating brakes etc?

What are the risks associated with this type of thing?

Are there reputable places that carry out this type of work (recommendations in the Nottinghamshire region would be good)?

Is it expensive?

Sorry if I am going over old ground here, but having read some of the posts on this subject, I am still a little confused:confused::confused:.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hi Explosivo,

We havnt really gone over this in full detail, and some of the questions i'd like to know aswell, someone with a little more knowledge will reply hopefully :).

I can say that you have 2 options, an external tuning box, and a software ECU remap(which generally have better gains i think).

There isnt a remap available for the 3.0tdi, but is very close to being sorted by APS i think, they were the first to bring the S5/1.8/2.0 remaps so i have faith in there ability to bring it to the market first.

Tuning boxes are a lot more expensive usually. But there are a lot on the market now. I think we could do with someone creating a list of all the tuning boxes available with the quoted gains and reviews.

Anyway hope someone else can answer your questions in more detail.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Explosivo,

We havnt really gone over this in full detail, and some of the questions i'd like to know aswell, someone with a little more knowledge will reply hopefully :).

I can say that you have 2 options, an external tuning box, and a software ECU remap(which generally have better gains i think).

There isnt a remap available for the 3.0tdi, but is very close to being sorted by APS i think, they were the first to bring the S5/1.8/2.0 remaps so i have faith in there ability to bring it to the market first.

Tuning boxes are a lot more expensive usually. But there are a lot on the market now. I think we could do with someone creating a list of all the tuning boxes available with the quoted gains and reviews.

Anyway hope someone else can answer your questions in more detail.
Hi

Thanks for that.

A question for you though - what are the VAGCOM upgrades; I like the sound of the DRL not dimming on indicate or side lights??

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hey

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/have-solved-drl-2468/index.html?t=2468

If you can be arsed to read all of that.

Basically with a vag com usb cable you can make changes to the onboard computer, so when you turn the side lights on, you can have the DRL's on full bright with the rear lights on, normally the DRL's dim and the dipped lights come on.

This is where you get the cable from > http://www.ross-tech.com
the software is free so you just plug it into your car and play around with the settings. There are a few people on the forum who will gladly help you out with this as im not an expert in it. REB, and Doubledoom are members i know of, REB based in yorkshire, and DD in norfolk, we'll be having a meet in lake district on the 28th-30th if you fancy, will be able to get it done there. Think we will be having another norfolk meet in december or jan, with a dyno run and some outdoor carting, so can do it then aswell if its easier.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts

Hi

Thanks for that.

QUOTE]

Sounds like we have similar spec motors, great aren't they. The B&O is superb. I was a bit miffed with having to pay for DAB but that too is great.

Watching with interest the power upgrade. Not sure I want to:confused: but that may come with time.

Cheers

RG:D:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Thanks for that.

QUOTE]

Sounds like we have similar spec motors, great aren't they. The B&O is superb. I was a bit miffed with having to pay for DAB but that too is great.

Watching with interest the power upgrade. Not sure I want to:confused: but that may come with time.

Cheers

RG:D:D
Hey

Yes, they totally awesome - I'm am thrilled with my spec; when I told the salesman that I wanted Phantom Black with Star Silver Leather he thought the combination wouldn't work... he was certainly wrong on that one eh?!?!?

Yeah, I love the performance as it is now - but one can't help but wonder what a few more horses might do???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.