Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I remember hearing about people getting a letter from Audi regarding their S5 order, however I think this letter is different from those sent to others previously, and I was wondering, among other things, if anyone has also recieved this same letter. The letter is addressed to me, and then it starts by saying "Congratulations on your choice of the new Audi S5, the all-new high-performance coupe that combines shattering performance with supreme comfort.". So, am I wrong, and is this the same letter that everyone else has been getting, or is it new?

Also, the cover of the letter shows what is clearly a Phantom Black S5, which is the color I ordered the S5 in, which makes me curious as to if Audi has the same letter, but with a different colored S5 for every available color on the cover. So to all the people who got this letter, did the color of the S5 on the front match the color you ordered your S5 in, or was it a Phantom Black S5 on the cover of all the letters? I also thought that this may be true as there is a small number on the bottom left hand corner, which is 33 on mine, so I was thinking that the number may be a referance for the color of the car I ordered. But if everyone got the same black S5 on the cover, I wonder if everyone also got the same number 33 on their car, and if not, I wonder what the number has to do with.

Lastly, the grill on the picture of the S5 in the letter isn't like any S5 grill I have ever seen. It has all the same chrome bits and pieces as the regular S5 grill, but unlike the rest of the regular S5 grill, which is a matte grey color, the rest of the S5 grill on the car in the letter is a high gloss black finish, just like the A5 grill. Which made me wonder, am I unaware that Audi will be changing the S5 grill in the future, or was it just a photoshop that the Audi team made to make the car look more striking in the picture. Regardless of it is though, it looks great on the car, and looks as good if not better than the standard S5 grill.

Now, regarding the letter itself, it was a very nice jesture on Audis part, especially because a lot of people may feel neglected as they have waited so long for their S5 to be built and arrive. It also reminded me of this packege that Porsche sent my dad regarding the new 997 Turbo, which they probobly sent because my dad had bought a 996 Turbo fall of 2003. In the package, there was this cool metal model of the new technology that Porsche designed for the turbochargers in the new 997 Turbo, as well as two hard back books on either side of the model, one discussing the entire car and the other discussing this new technology I just mentioned. Now, the Audi letter may not have been as elaborate as the one from Porsche, but I still appriciate their efforts in order to add a custom/personalized touch to the S5 order process, which is something that most, even high end automakers, don't do.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well, i'm no help...I never got anything for my S5 order or when it showed up. No letter.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I ordered my Audi S5 back in January and just received it 2 weeks ago. I have not gotten any correspondence from Audi at all.

Tonny

·
Registered
19 Posts
I received a letter with the phantom black S5 and my color was Meteor Grey so I would say that the letter is not customized. Not sure about the number or the grille, but I still have it and am now curious so I'll check it out. Also, during the time I was waiting for my S5 to come in, Audi sent me some other marketing stuff like a postcard, an Audi S5 sole (like Dr. Scholl's)for the right foot (stating "We want every part of you to enjoy every aspect of the Audi S5. Starting with your right foot"). I also received an Audi S5 keychain in the mail the other day, an S5 baseball hat, and the S Line hot/cold liquid tumbler. Even though the last 3 came from Audi USA, I think it was initiated by my dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts