Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm about to order an S5 soon, and since I haven't seen any S5 in my area, it's hard for me to decide what color to get. On the other hand, BMWs are dime a dozen in my area, so I'm just wondering if anyone can kindly let me know if the following S5 colors are anywhere close to what BMW has.

Meteor Gray - Is this somehow similar to Platinum Gray that BMW offers on 5-series, or is it more like Sparkling Graphite on 3-series?

Sprint Blue - Is it more like Montego Blue Metallic on the new 3-series? (the ones on the coupe commerical) or is it more like Laguna Seca Blue on the previous M3?

Magma Red Interior - this is a shot in the dark. Is it like the red interior they offered in the E30 3-series?

My other choice is the Deep Sea Blue S5, which will be similar (I'm assuming) to the Orient Blue I have on my current 3-series.

Once again, thanks a lot for the help.

Best,

dK

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I've seen these pictures and I've saved them on my computer and went through them hundreds of times. I do know that pictures don't really do justice in some cases.

Your combo choice is exact what I have in mind as my #1 choice. I guess great minds think alike =)

Part of me wants to get Sprint Blue because it does stand out, but I also would like this car to be subtle. Plus I'm afraid that the look of Sprint Blue will get tired after a while.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi,

I'm about to order an S5 soon, and since I haven't seen any S5 in my area, it's hard for me to decide what color to get. On the other hand, BMWs are dime a dozen in my area, so I'm just wondering if anyone can kindly let me know if the following S5 colors are anywhere close to what BMW has.

Meteor Gray - Is this somehow similar to Platinum Gray that BMW offers on 5-series, or is it more like Sparkling Graphite on 3-series?

Sprint Blue - Is it more like Montego Blue Metallic on the new 3-series? (the ones on the coupe commerical) or is it more like Laguna Seca Blue on the previous M3?

Magma Red Interior - this is a shot in the dark. Is it like the red interior they offered in the E30 3-series?

My other choice is the Deep Sea Blue S5, which will be similar (I'm assuming) to the Orient Blue I have on my current 3-series.

Once again, thanks a lot for the help.

Best,

dK

I have a Quartz/Magma S5 Tip. and the combination is beautiful. Quartz is roughly between Meteor and light Silver, a bit lighter than BMW's platinum. Quartz isn't a color that jumps out at you but looks classy especially with the red interior. Magma is a pretty bright red, don't know how it compares with BMW's but it looks beautiful in the S5. when the weather here gets better I'll take some photo's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar problem when i went to place an order a few weeks ago. I made my choice between 2 colors by looking at pictures (like in SpaGP05's link) and asked my dealer if he had any other cars (what ever the model) on the lot with those colors so I could compare them in "real life". I did the same thing with the interior of the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm a conservative kind of fella and generally prefer the understated approach (don't ask about the GTR), my S5 demo was Black with Pearl Silver seats... I thought yep this is the combo i'd prefer... but undecided whether to order at that point the dealer gave me a second long weekend in a this time Sprint Blue with all Black interior... everyone was looking at it on the forecourt what a difference... it stood out but isn't as in your face as you'd think.. it still remains in a class of it's own... climbing in with a complete black interior ableit silver inlays makes the interior feel smaller, it certainly encompasses you... it's tight if that makes sense... It got noticed, everyone was looking and admiring and a late slow drive through town I heard hey look its an S5... so I guess if you want a little attention order the Sprint... It isn't quite as bright as BM Laguna Seca, more flat and not so 'metallic' if that makes any sense... sometimes it's nice to have a little attention in a while !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts