Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my shiny black A5 today and got my Blackberry 8830 connected and working via bluetooth no problem. However, there does not appear to be anyway to import the address/phone list from my blackberry to the MMI system like you can with a regular cellphone. Nothing in the documentation either on blackberry attachment.
I am missing something, or is this not possible?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey Frank,

Sorry for not being able to answer your question. Would you mind posting some pics? I'm awaiting almost the exact same car as you, and have yet to see a brilliant black A5.

Would be most appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Blackberry problems with syncing address book

Picked up my shiny black A5 today and got my Blackberry 8830 connected and working via bluetooth no problem. However, there does not appear to be anyway to import the address/phone list from my blackberry to the MMI system like you can with a regular cellphone. Nothing in the documentation either on blackberry attachment.
I am missing something, or is this not possible?
Hi Frank

I am still waiting for delivery of my A5, but i had a similar problem with the new Mercedes C class with the test drive. I worked out that after pairing the blackberry, go to the bluetooth menu on the phone and in the options menu, you should find "transfer address book". After doing this in the Merc, it all worked without a problem. I do believe, however, that it will not sync automatically with the phone if new numbers are added, so you might have to do this once every so often.

If this works, let me know so that i can do the same thing on my A5 when it arrives.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100 and it works perfectly. When I picked it up from the dealer he said "we may not get the address book and if we don't you need to update the firmware on the Blackberry". As it happens we did get the address book so maybe get onto the Blackberry web site and download the latest firmware for your device.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Why go through all that hassle when the MMI pulls your addresses book automatically from your phone? No need to store it in your car ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts