Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A5 is ordered with the Technology Package which includes the 'keyless' entry/operation of the vehicle, so I have the Start/Stop button on the console. On cars with this option is there still the option of using the key if you want? and does the key function the same as the models without the Advanced key option? In other words can I use the key to start the car as well as the Start/Stop button? Can't seem to find this info anywhere.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My A5 is ordered with the Technology Package which includes the 'keyless' entry/operation of the vehicle, so I have the Start/Stop button on the console. On cars with this option is there still the option of using the key if you want? and does the key function the same as the models without the Advanced key option? In other words can I use the key to start the car as well as the Start/Stop button? Can't seem to find this info anywhere.

The answer on all your questions is YES.

You can open the car using the button on the remote (like normal key). You can start the key in the dashboard if you wish, like normal key. In actual fact, the option is a normal key with some kind of additional 'bluetooth' style option, but is a normal key with normal key functionality to begin with.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
you can use the key or the button but dont do as i tried put the key in the dash then hit the button it wont work!!!! its one or the other

1 - 3 of 3 Posts