Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone;

I am a new member, and will probably buy a S5. However, if I order in March, I will not get delivery until July (I live on the East coast USA). I have been reading the posts on this forum for a while, and I know many of you are facing the same situation. I had a couple of questions:

1. When does Audi stop making 2008s and start making 2009s? I assume it is sometime during the summer, but does anyone know when?

2. Does anyone know if there will be any significant changes to the car for the next model year, or will it be basically the same?

3. I was told the factory shuts down production, retools and then starts production of the next model year. Assuming there are no significant changes to the car, how long would this shutdown be? Does the factory shut down for weeks, or is is just a matter of a few hours or days?

I am asking all these questions because I wonder if it makes sense to order the car now, and hopefully get in July, or to wait and order a 2009 model. But, I am guessing I could not get delivery of a 2009 until September or even October.

Any information would be apprecaited. Thank you.

· Registered
41 Posts
From what I'm hearing it's possible I won't get an '08 and I placed my order in early January.

This whole experience has me second guessing my choice in cars. Audi apparently doen't give two craps about those who have put money down on their product. The silence has been deafening.

The M3 is a better car and suprisingly not priced too bad...

· Registered
174 Posts
Quality products take longer to produce.If audi mass produced these cars I am sure they would be of inferior quality.Good things come to those who wait.
As for the comment about the m3 it may be a better/faster car but it is more that 10k dearer in the uk and doesnt have a patch on the s5 in the looks department imo.

· Registered
338 Posts
I suspect no real changes for 2009 other than more options available. Retooling should be minimal. Unless there is substantial "catch-up" this summer I would wager there will be a wait for 09 models as well.

The comment about M3 being a "better" car is a bit odd in this context and not worth getting into an argument about. If it is better--take your deposit back and get an M3 and be happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.