Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would I be able to change the settings for the Home-Link from U.S. settings to Euro settings? I have a U.S. spec A4 with home-link here in Germany and it will not work with my Garage door. I have to drive around with a big nasty garage door opener in my visor! :(

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I think you might be better asking Ross-tech the question. Its their software so should be able to give you an accurate answer

·
Registered
750 Posts
Would I be able to change the settings for the Home-Link from U.S. settings to Euro settings? I have a U.S. spec A4 with home-link here in Germany and it will not work with my Garage door. I have to drive around with a big nasty garage door opener in my visor! :(
Hey Sapper,

Although I believe the frequency is on a different spectrum (being in Europe as opposed to the US)...most garage door openers (not the remote but the actual opener in the garage) have a feature that allows it to learn new remotes instead of the reverse (whereby the remote "learns" the opener).

I used it on my opener to learn the homelink in my S5 and BMW. It usually is a small button on the opener (motor) unit that you press and it "listens" for the transceiver (the homelink) to comm (for about a minute after it is pressed) and accepts the frequency that the homelink is using, so no searching for the _right_code(s).

Good luck.
C.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Compton, I really didn't check that out with the A4. The little European opener (motor) is some what alien in nature for me. I was thinking I had to change the sensor codes for the home-link to work with Euro stuff. So you had to sync your opener to the car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts