Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some posts in different threads that identify a car that was ordered in a particular production week. I ordered my S5 from my dealer's allocation on December 26th. I was advised by my dealer to anticipate a build and delivery time of approximately 90 days. Can some one help me figure out what production week my order was placed? Does anyone know what production week US spec S5s were first built? Thanks for any and all inputs. Crosley.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you referring to build weeks? That only applies to the week of the year (1-52, though they seem to take at least 52 off) in which your car is slotted to be built before it ships out. Your dealer should be able to look in the system and see whether your car has been assigned a build week yet. That seemed to be the next concrete step after I placed my order. If you were able to order from allocation that they knew they had, you should have a build week soon. But from what everyone is saying, I'd be surprised...no, shocked...if someone in the U.S. ordered an S5 in late December and got it in March.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
House, that is more help than you imagine. So it refers only to the week of the year, not the cumulative weeks of production. I am afraid you are right and I hold no real hope of seeing this car in March. My salesman has a conference call with his regional Audi rep tomorrow so I may have a better idea of where I stand in the morning. Thanks for the reply. Aany idea what week of the year the 1st US spec S5 was built?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Correct about the build week. Simply a reference to week of the year (instead of nailing down the exact day, I guess!). Definitely took me awhile to figure out what people were talking about! Unfortunately, don't know anything about any build weeks being assigned to US S5s for 2008. This forum and Audiworld are good for tracking other people's ordering status.

This poor guy ordered on Oct 23 and still doesn't have a build date!
http://forums.audiworld.com/a5/threads/1642.phtml#16865

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.