Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i should read the manual...but hey... Just thought i'd ask here.

Is there a trick to get them to fold when you lock the car?

I have it set on auto, but i find sometimes they fold, sometimes they dont?

usually i dont use the door sensor to lock the car, but use the lock button on the remote.

Do you need to double press, or hold it down a certain period of time.

Works quite randomly, and im not sure if its a combination of bottons or something im pressing?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Press the "Car" button > "Central Locking" > "Retract Mirrors" and set it to "on".

:)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, i will have a look at it. Strange thing is i have not fiddled with the interface yet. So its strange why its still randomly works.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
The other cool thing is that you can retract them while still operating the vehicle, by turning the knob that selects the mirror to adjust. There's a third setting to fold them in.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi all

Sorry If I'm repeating earlier questions but the sales guy at my local stealer told me that they could not be set to fold automatically when you lock the car.

I am keen to order this option along with the keyless system if they can auto fold, as not only are they always out of harms way (without me having to press another button) but they'll also confirm that I've locked the car.

Can someone please confirm that UK spec cars can be set to do this.
Thanks

ps - now getting excited as I'm looking to order this weekend - as soon as I can decide colour options!

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Marmin,

As long as you specify Electric Folding Mirrors on your order, then they'll fold when you lock the car.

Sometimes dealers don't know as much as they think they do.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sometimes dealers don't know as much as they think they do.
...sometimes...!? What do you mean *sometimes*!?!?!

;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks for the quick responses - looks like I'll be spending a bit more then!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts