Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a subscription to Performance Audi magazine and have noticed on quite a few of the newer models "quattro" along the bottom of the grill surround. It s not the type fitted to the grill itself.

Does anybody have any info on this, is it only available on RS models, fitted as an extra, an after market item.

I have put the page numbers down for reference just in case someone else gets the mag.

Edition 062. APRIL 2020 Page 083 RS5 B9
Page 084 Red RS3 same place below number plate.

I've even configured an RS5 on line but it doesn't come up as an option from Audi.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Can you scan/photo page and post here?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I think it's a B9 thing, but the style has filtered down to after market and you can get it on a pre-face lift B8.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's a B9 thing, but the style has filtered down to after market and you can get it on a pre-face lift B8.

It's not the one in the photo above. The grill surround is wider at the bottom and it lays there. Having studied the pictures from the mag in more depth it appears to be part of the whole grill surround.
I've emailed a certain performance Audi garage 'up north' to see if they can shed any light on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the one. The picture obviously answers my question in that its integral to the whole grill. Am I right in assuming the letters are part of the moulding and not fixed individually by adhesive.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Difficult to tell, you would have to get you hands on the grille to check. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
What car you you planning to put this on?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts