Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Hello, was someone able to decode the VIN numbers of the cars that are affected by this issue? Saying that it doesn't happen on newer cars doesn't really mean a lot.
From what I could find online, it affects cars from 2008, specifically manual boxes 0B2, automatics multitronic 0AW, tiptronic and stronic 0B5, but don't quote me on this info

Also here is a video of a different solution to this problem where a tool is bolted to the flange, and it enlarges the hole to fit a steel sleeve. Although Tims solution is in another league, well done!

· Registered
6 Posts
Hello, was someone able to decode the VIN numbers of the cars that are affected by this issue? Saying that it doesn't happen on newer cars doesn't really mean a lot.
From what I could find online, it affects cars from 2008, specifically manual boxes 0B2, automatics multitronic 0AW, tiptronic and stronic 0B5, but don't quote me on this info

The US service bulletin SB-10043562-7138 covers models and production years that may suffer the spinning bearing issue. As you mention Audi have admitted the issue can be seen in some vehicles made during the 2008-2011 production period. I wouldn't be surprised if that time window had some elasticity in it though.

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts