Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen both the Avus and Monza paint in real life?

I have ordered a Quartz gray A5, but I am having second thoughts about the color. Mainly because my last 2 cars have been Atlas gray (the predecessor of Quartz), but also because I've seen some beautiful pictures of the Avus which I thought was Quartz.

Now, I've heard that the Avus is no longer offered for A5 '09.

My question then is; does the Monza have the same bluish tint as the Avus? In all the pictures I've seen the Monza looks more like Ice Silver.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the links, Shane. Must admit that I had not seen those threads.

Sometimes it's difficult to search this forum. If you only search the thread titles you miss out on a lot of threads, but if you also search the contents you usually get too many hits because people tend to have a signature with their specs, colors etc.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thanks for the links, Shane. Must admit that I had not seen those threads.

Sometimes it's difficult to search this forum. If you only search the thread titles you miss out on a lot of threads, but if you also search the contents you usually get too many hits because people tend to have a signature with their specs, colors etc.
Yea, I know what you mean, I've spent a lot of time doing searches here before I even bought my car.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Has anyone seen both the Avus and Monza paint in real life?

I have ordered a Quartz gray A5, but I am having second thoughts about the color. Mainly because my last 2 cars have been Atlas gray (the predecessor of Quartz), but also because I've seen some beautiful pictures of the Avus which I thought was Quartz.

Now, I've heard that the Avus is no longer offered for A5 '09.

My question then is; does the Monza have the same bluish tint as the Avus? In all the pictures I've seen the Monza looks more like Ice Silver.
Looks like the grass is greener on the other side. I tried to change my order today from monza silver to quartz grey but my order cant be changed now.

After much thought I'm glad I have monza coming. Monza silver must be something better than average cause its only on the s line A5 and they charge more for it. Usually they cant charge more for ugly colors. Unless you go custom: I'm looking at you porsche green S5 owner, and you too orange A5 s line owner. kidding of course.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Looks like the grass is greener on the other side. I tried to change my order today from monza silver to quartz grey but my order cant be changed now.

After much thought I'm glad I have monza coming. Monza silver must be something better than average cause its only on the s line A5 and they charge more for it. Usually they cant charge more for ugly colors. Unless you go custom: I'm looking at you porsche green S5 owner, and you too orange A5 s line owner. kidding of course.
added images of the two example custom colors and the last one is one of my favorite pics of quartz grey. I belive this is Alejandros A5 s line with s5 grill. very pretty.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
hehe nice comparison... An easy choice for me, but others may have a different favorite color of course :)

The thing is, I saw another Audi yesterday which looked like Quartz but had a slight bluish tone to it (it seemed too dark to be Avus). I'm starting to wonder if Quartz has a slight blue tone which the Atlas doesn't have even though my dealer says that the two colors are virtually the same. I see a blue tone in this Quartz gray A5, but others don't:

I do like the Atlas color of my current car and I would like pretty much the same color, but with a slightly different tone.

I really enjoy selecting the accessories and building my new cars, but I absolutely hate the period just after the order has been placed when you start thinking that you could improve on every item you put on the order, especially the colors. I'm sure that I will absolutely love the car no matter what when I get it, but right now it's driving me crazy. Soon I'll be seeing fluffy bunnies in all the pictures, I think. Ah well, only 3 more months of this hell :eek:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I really enjoy selecting the accessories and building my new cars, but I absolutely hate the period just after the order has been placed when you start thinking that you could improve on every item you put on the order, especially the colors. I'm sure that I will absolutely love the car no matter what when I get it, but right now it's driving me crazy. Soon I'll be seeing fluffy bunnies in all the pictures, I think. Ah well, only 3 more months of this hell :eek:
LOL! :D I've been there and know exactly how you feel. The whole "what if" and wondering thing really sucks.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
added images of the two example custom colors and the last one is one of my favorite pics of quartz grey. I belive this is Alejandros A5 s line with s5 grill. very pretty.
Yep, the last one is mine.:)

Giddio:
Blue tone is normal, the photo you have provided shows exact tones I see most of the time when I look at my car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, so quartz really does have a blue tone to it after all then. Good to hear! I feel much more relaxed now :) Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I really enjoy selecting the accessories and building my new cars, but I absolutely hate the period just after the order has been placed when you start thinking that you could improve on every item you put on the order, especially the colors. I'm sure that I will absolutely love the car no matter what when I get it, but right now it's driving me crazy.
I'm there too.

Should I have gone for the Ibis... or maybe the Quartz.. instead of the Phantom Black... Aaarrrgh! :rolleyes:

Still, I KNOW I will love the car when I get it and i'm happy with the colour (for the moment). :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
looking at the pic of alejandros a5 mine is much lighter specially in the shade and almost always looks blue rather than silver

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I love your car. Is that a 330 or 335? I can't believe how much better the A5 looks than the bmw.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The car was 335i.

·
Registered
493 Posts
This BMW is 335. When the BMW has such exhaust it is 335i or 335d. Otherwise it has exhaust pipes at the left side of the bumper (318, 320, 325, 330).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alejandro, the blue tint link is the same as the last one of the normal links. Did you post the wrong link or do you see a blue tint on that picture?

I don't, but as I have already revealed in this thread I'm not good at judging colors :)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the picture, Alejandro. I think the paint looks really good with the blue tint! This thread has convinced me to stick with quartz, so thank you all :)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Thanks for the picture, Alejandro. I think the paint looks really good with the blue tint! This thread has convinced me to stick with quartz, so thank you all :)
Good, and now we should convince you to get a 3.0TDI engine.:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts