Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm close to pulling the trigger and have decided to go with the Quartz Gray, but I'm having a tough time deciding on the interior leather color. Generally, I stay away from dark interiors. If I go with the light gray, my concern is that there would be no contrast between exterior/interior.

I'm wondering which interior color is most popular with Gray exteriors?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Red seems to be the most popular.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have quartz gray (it's a beautiful color, by the way) with the standard A5 black interior. The light gray is very light. I ordered it initially, but changed to black and I'm very happy I did. The black is a really nice soft black (not severe) -- more of a graphite color -- much nicer than I expected. Judging from other things I've read on this forum about clothing dye rubbing off on the lighter color interiors, you might be safer with the black! Also, I don't know where you live, but I live in the desert and was worried about the black interior absorbing the heat. The highest temp we've had so far this spring is only 90, but with window tinting and the excellent A/C in the A5, I don't think that's going to be a concern after all.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hi NitWit, welcome to the forum. You should update your location so we know where you're from. I nearly bought a Meteor gray S5, and Liz is right, the black looks much better. I eventually went with Phantom Black, but it still has the black interior. The black is very subtle, not harsh at all, IMO, it would look the best. Good luck choosing!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I live in Phoenix, so I am definitely concerned about the black interior and the sun/heat here in the valley. Encouraging to hear the reply from Liz

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have Meteor Grey with Grey Leather and it is very light, you can see the pics here :

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/another-happy-noob-2486/index.html

The grey leather is a good contrast with Meteor Grey as it's a darker colour. You do get a bit of dye ruboff from jeans etc but nothing 10 mins with some leather cleaner doesn't sort.

I think with Quartz grey you can go either way - it's quite a mid colour so will prob go well with dark or light interiors - I'd choose the interior you like first and foremost and sure it'll look good.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Would go for silver leather with black roof lining in Quartz Grey. Have Meteor grey with balck rooflining and looks great - although would have had silver leather if I didn't have 3 year old son who kicks seats.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've opted for the Black leather too. I was very taken by the star silver, but felt the visual balance of the car would be too light. I've seen quartz grey with black leather in the showroom and it looks fine, the star silver headlining brightens it up.

I love the global nature of this forum. When A5Liz said "I live in the desert" I thought to myself "Desert? Where's someone found a desert in the UK?":D

Of course, if you'd said "I live in a cultural desert", I'd have assumed you were from the other side of the Pennines...

And yes, my tongue is firmly in cheek - before all you Lancs and Mancs fire up your flamethrowers!:D

·
Registered
714 Posts
Of course, if you'd said "I live in a cultural desert", I'd have assumed you were from the other side of the Pennines...
The WRONG side of the Pennines ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
How about two tone interior trim?

NitWit -

Have you thought of the two tone interior? Black leather with Pearl Silver Alcantara seat and door inserts?

I think this combination would go great with Quartz Gray. I know it's not a standard combination, however Audi is willing to do this for ordered cars.

Check into it.

Good luck....

GTL

·
Registered
441 Posts
I would agree with GTL, or maybe consider the S Line package!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Black

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think you shouldn't worry much about the interior-exterior contrast for the light grey interior still features a dark grey and black dashboard, steering and door panels. So for sure you won't feel like riding a cloud in there! I opted for quartz grey- light grey interior too and strongly feel it's going to be a safe choice... once it arrives:(
However, if was to choose again I would definitely be really tempted to go the cinamon brown way! Have you given any thought towards this way?

Regards and good luck picking!
George:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.