Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, loving this site, so much info and sharing going on keep it up pls!

Well walked into the local Audi dealer with my order list this Friday, and specked up a replacement to my family beast Q7. I just needed to get out of the Q7 as after 2 yrs ownership it was meant for the wife to run the kids and dog around, but in the end I ended up driving it all the time on my own and its way too big for that. I actually started to feel embarrassed turning up to clients in a huge 4*4 on my own.

The Q7 is a fantastic car, and i love driving it, but actually living with it we found it a pain in the ass to park and 6 ft 6 barriers - omg don’t even go there!

So got 6.8% discount! Research-Research-Research! Went in with autobytel quotes and they matched it - £42,265 on-line configuration, and was looking to get a grand off but walked out for just over £39,300. Over the moon.

3.0 TDI Sport Quattro 6 speed Manual. 19 ‘Y’ spoke alloys
Phantom Black with Black Valcona. Advanced Key, B&O sound, AMI.
DVD Sat Nav +, Delete badges, Parking +
TPM. Interior Light pack, Comfort Pack. Heated seats. Hill Hold, GSM Phone prep.

Delivery due Mid August, but I’m going to wait till September to register on 58 plates. It’s only been two days and I can’t bear the wait.

Anyway, just thought id drop in a quick line of thanks again once again for the great site can’t wait to become a fully fledged member of the family! Roll on September.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hi and welcome man!
Audi Q7 is one of the nicest SUVs and personally I prefer Audi Q7 instead of Mercedes ML...........Q7 4.2TDI with S-Line - my cup of coffee.

What makes you feel embarrassed when you pull to your clients in your Q7? I mean it is a "fancy" car and therefore you should be proud of it instead.....if you were driving a Wrangler, that would be a different story.

Audi A5 is an awesome car, but in my opinion interior could have more space. While on outside it looks like "Audi A8 coupe" inside it is just an A4. Still love it though!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Glad to hear you've found the site to be informative and helpful. Congrats on your purchase and welcome!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Welcome aboard Bungle. There is a lot of great info here.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thanks all,
Alejandro, I agree the Q7 is one of the best SUVs and it is a very fancy car, but it is huge! I love driving it, comfortable and such and easy ride.

We originally brought her as the family hauler, but my wife finds it too big and refuses to drive it, and prefers the Golf GT to run the kids around to school etc. I’m finding myself running up and down the motorway on my own and just can’t justify the expense and running costs. (That’s what I’m telling her anyway ;) ) Change the Q7 for an A5 - we will save money honey!

Great car Crespo love the Ibis white - didnt have the balls to order that on mine.. dont know what would be worse cleaning Phantom Black or Ibis White.

Regards all...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome Bungle2822, great choice. Good job on the discount, did really well there, fully kitted her out too :D. What interior colour/specs did you go for in the end?

Theres plenty going on here to keep you entertained in the mean time, so the months will pass in no time. It has for me :) picking up next week. woohoo :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Robb, bet your getting excited... only a week to go. I put the Black Valcona leather, but kept the silver lining and platinum inlays - figured out id spent enough and liked the look a little lighter than all black, but i might regret that once the kids have been in it!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Heh, sorry, feel like im rubbing it in a little, didnt mean too.

Blacks a pretty safe choice, especially with kids anyway (well Im guessing anyway, I have another 10 years or before I plan on being blessed with that burden lol). I dont think you'll have any problem with marking the headlining unless your loading a lot of things. That or you have some messy little blighters on your hands.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bungle , we must have been separated at birth. I just last week signed on the dotted line to traded in my Jan 2007 Black Q7 3.0Tdi Sline for a new S5 in Black. I went through same dilemma, Q7 is a great car but its hard to live with around town. Went to Glasgow though this weekend with friends, 300 mile round trip, loads od room , comfort and shopping space ! I was found asking myself , why am I getting rid of this car ? But being realistic most of the miles are round town so it has to go.
Also got a great deal from Aberdeen Audi. Dundee Audi bid me £31500 for the Q7, finally settled on £37000 from Aberdeen . £6900 to change to an S5 can't be bad.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome Bungle..

Same situation as you. Let go of my Porsche Cayenne as too big and thirsty.. The mindset in the UK for these types of vehicles are at an all time low..

The A5 TDI is a real good balance. I do sometimes miss the interior space..

Sounds like you got a great deal.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Bungle , we must have been separated at birth. I just last week signed on the dotted line to traded in my Jan 2007 Black Q7 3.0Tdi Sline for a new S5 in Black. I went through same dilemma, Q7 is a great car but its hard to live with around town. Went to Glasgow though this weekend with friends, 300 mile round trip, loads od room , comfort and shopping space ! I was found asking myself , why am I getting rid of this car ? But being realistic most of the miles are round town so it has to go.
Also got a great deal from Aberdeen Audi. Dundee Audi bid me £31500 for the Q7, finally settled on £37000 from Aberdeen . £6900 to change to an S5 can't be bad.
Thats a interesting fact, as Dundee and Aberdeen are the same dealership :)

im the oppostite just now, im just in the process of buying a horse and thinking a jeep is the way forward :( which means giving up the A5 :(

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes, I knew that as I heard even though they are the same dealership there is quite a bit of competition between them.

Pity you will have to move on the A5 , I could of sold you a cracking Q7 !!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
moving on the A5 is on hold im thinking ummm i need to find a bf in aberdeen with a jeep lol hehehehe i couldnt sell my a5

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
no no no its for the towing side of things lol.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
urg a horse, i dont understand the appeal of horses at all.
Quite tasty on toast mind you. NO NO NO only joking:eek:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the phone call today, She will be with the dealer this weekend.... oh the temptation to take her on a 08 plate rather than waiting 3 weeks for the new 58 is unreal.

The Q7 went in June, and I’ve been driving around in a Vauxhall Vectra hire car (cheapest I could find) but oh hell do I wish for the comfort of an Audi again, so the desire to go down to the dealer and say give me the keys will be so tempting!

Pictures as soon as she is ready, APS better be ready for her with the re-map and Cat back for the end of September, I want to run her in before playing with anything!

Excitedly Richard

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.