Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
975 Posts
Well theres only a few solutions here.

Check the seals and gaskets, the water vents need to be cleared also.

If there's still excessive water you'll need to manually open and clean every bit with rubbing alcohol and then let the parts dry in a warm area before reversing the headlight.

Good luck,

~Alex

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
And check that the vent hoses are not blocked mate, sounds silly but they are usually small diameter so can be blocked by even a small object.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car was in the garage for a long time, and I baught aftermarket headlights. Today was sunny day, and headlights started to evaporate, but in the evening there was raining and headlights were fogy again. 🙁

·
Registered
277 Posts
The car was in the garage for a long time, and I baught aftermarket headlights. Today was sunny day, and headlights started to evaporate, but in the evening there was raining and headlights were fogy again. 🙁
When I bought my A5 it had been sitting on the lot in winter for a couple of months. Both sides had condensation and I spoke to the service manager asking for new units, mainly because I was used to lights that never fog. He told me that its not a fault and its not uncommon and that it would burn off when driving. I was dubious, but he was right. They cleared up on the way home. I still get condensation now and again when its been sitting for a while, but it burns off.

Perhaps take it for a long drive. See what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.