Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Q5 and it has a bearing whine as mentioned in a TSB, and at only 52,000 miles!

Instead of paying the dealer $600+ to replace it, I found a bearing assembly, so now a press or separator is not needed BUT it requires the axle to be removed to access the 4 bolts holding the bearing in place.

There is NO WAY to get enough room to remove the axle, so I have to move the control arm spindle out to make the room needed.

I read elsewhere and here, "Remove the pinch bolt and its nut connecting the hub assembly to the two upper control arms."

Why not simply remove the 2 bolts going through the two upper control arm bushings?

Seems like it might be easier than dealing with the pinch bolt with dissimilar metals and possible/probable(?) breakage, and having to remove the upper control arm studs from the control arm spindle/hub assembly, as they are pressed in, like a ball joint stud, right?

Is there anything I am missing here? Seems simple..

(BTW, I tried to add a Q5 tag but it won't allow it, so A5, A4, S5 etc are not allowed either? Seems strange)

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Hehe hiya man and welcome to the nuthouse but PLEASE remove that pic of yer ugly face cos we all prefer ladies and cars!!!! No idea re your question but plently of clever fellows on here who may be able to help you as soon as we see yer car and NOT you!!!! Simon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts