Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up guys, i lost my license 2 years ago and i've been without a car since then. I've been debating a few different cars since i've been without 1 in so long....it has to be just right

i was going to get the BMW 6 Series or the new M3 but after seeing the S5 i was like i gotta get it.

Question1: Is there any difference with the body of the S5 and A5?

Reason being i dont really care for performance, im going for looks...

Question2: I've been searching the site for different grills...i havent found nething, are there any new grills out there yet?

Question3: I want to try to get my monthly payments to 300-400 a month, i called the local audi dealer and they said for the s5 i would have to put down like 10-20k to get it to that payments, How much do u guys pay a month? Lease? How much did you put down?

Thanks A lot

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
hey whats up guys, i lost my license 2 years ago and i've been without a car since then. I've been debating a few different cars since i've been without 1 in so long....it has to be just right

i was going to get the BMW 6 Series or the new M3 but after seeing the S5 i was like i gotta get it....

Thanks A lot
Question1: Is there any difference with the body of the S5 and A5?

Yes big difference, front grill, side skirts and rear are different to the A5. S5 does look alot more meaty.

Reason being i dont really care for performance, im going for looks...

Question2: I've been searching the site for different grills...i havent found nething, are there any new grills out there yet?

Different grills i'm assuming you mean a kit to change the look of the front of an A5, if so yes there are a few by ABT, Caractere and Reiger. Probably a few more but these are a few that come to mind.

Question3: I want to try to get my monthly payments to 300-400 a month, i called the local audi dealer and they said for the s5 i would have to put down like 10-20k to get it to that payments, How much do u guys pay a month? Lease? How much did you put down?

Not sure where your from (could you update your location in your profile please) but to get to 400 a month I would say you would need to put about 10k down atleast depending on the type of finance you were using and the final cost of your car after options.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks

im from jersey btw

10k down, not bad.....do u think it would be a bad idea to take that 10k from my 401k? i mean instead of paying a bank the money back i will be paying myself back

·
Registered
29 Posts
former, a lot depends on your credit. If your credit score is greater than 675 you may be able to negotiate a lease payment in the 600 range. Otherwise a purchase with a finance rate in the 7% range is going to require a $35,000 plus downpayment to obtain a $400 monthly payment on a base S5 with no options. Still a killer ride but no bells or whistles. Look at Leasecompare.com for potential lease rates and edmunds.com for fianance calculators. How did you lose your license? You weren't seeding were you?

·
Registered
677 Posts
hey thanks

im from jersey btw

10k down, not bad.....do u think it would be a bad idea to take that 10k from my 401k? i mean instead of paying a bank the money back i will be paying myself back
Taking out tax free money is a big mistake for a car. A house maybe but not a depreciable asset. You will take a big hit on your 401k money and a big hit on the car when you drive it off the lot. If you can afford the 20k down payment to get a $400 payment you would be way money ahead to purchase a car for 20k new or used and put the $400 month into savings. In 5 years you will have 24k plus interest plus probably 10k+ in value in your first car. With a little hard work and steady investing you can pay for a similar car to the A5 in cash in 5 years.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow

600 a month? i can do that but im not trying to do that

and 35k down for 400 a month? im def not trying to do that lol

so def dont take out of my 401k, what about just a car loan?

are there any pre own s5's out there?

·
Registered
290 Posts
^Finally...finance?
(60 months or 72, and at what rate)

·
Registered
10 Posts
av put 16k and am paying £600pm car was £46500 and i think all depends on how many extras you get because price of the car just goes up and monthly repayments will 2 :(

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you take the money from a 10k you will be subject to a 10% penalty and you will have to pay income tax on the proceeds (fed and state). It will probably be more expensive than a loan. Check with your accountant.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you go to yahoo autos, you can use their loan calculator as well. I worked out I can get my payments down to $433 a month. Its the damn 7.0 sales tax that really sux :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts