Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading this forum for a few months. I have an order for an S5 which is due in february. My lease on my mercedes is up and I didn't want to re-lease so i have been searching for an S5 in stock anywhere within 300 miles from my home. I went and checked out Jerseybeemer's car but I didn't like that it did not have all the options ie... inserts,B + O,tech, etc...Good thing for him since he went back and got it. I found a fully loaded one today(phantom black/black, stainless, nav,tech,B + O, and I bought it!!! I get it on Saturday. I am really excited about this car. I haven't been excited about a car since my '97 M3. Since then I have had a Mercedes CLK430, Infiniti G35 coupe, Mercedes CLK 500, and a 1978 Nikki Lauda special edition Alfa Romeo Spider(which i still have).

I test drove the S5 3 times and had a sh*t eating grin each time. The same smile you get when you race a car on a track. I think the car is beautiful and absolutely fast enough for me. I was thinking about the new M3 or a 9114s but this car is less expensive, more unique, easier to live with as an everyday car, and an interior that is so ergonomically correct all other auto companies should buy one so they could learn how to design an interior.

With AWD I won't need to borrow my wife's fx-45 when the few times it snows here per year.

When I get my car I will take some photos and post them. If anyone has a specific picure they want taken let me know.

·
Registered
338 Posts
excellent! Same setup and color as mine and I personally wouldn't change a thing but I don't think you can go wrong with any color combo in this car. If you could, update your bio with your location for other members. Its good to have a recent mercedes owner switching over. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think the car is beautiful and absolutely fast enough for me. I was thinking about the new M3 or a 9114s but this car is less expensive, more unique, easier to live with as an everyday car, and an interior that is so ergonomically correct all other auto companies should buy one so they could learn how to design an interior.

With AWD I won't need to borrow my wife's fx-45 when the few times it snows here per year.
Same cars I was thinking about...same reasons I went with the S5. I think anyone in the market for a coupe that drives the S5 will feel the same. I wanted the extra options, but I loved the Tuscan on Black and didn't want to wait 6 months.

Congrats on the ride...I think we have the starts of a Philly/Jersey S5 club. The only other one I know of being driven around here is by one of the Flyers (He has black on Black also).

Where are you getting it from? ..actually...don't answer that until after Saturday :D .

·
Registered
643 Posts
Congratulations! How hard was it for you guys to find one in stock? Do you ask the dealer? Look online..?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I love that feeling you get a few days before you pick up your new car... Congrats...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well...wheres the pictures?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Congradulations on the new car. I should get to pick mine up in about 1 week. Until then I will live vicariously thru your pictures.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congrats on your new S5!

I have been reading this forum for a few months. I have an order for an S5 which is due in february. My lease on my mercedes is up and I didn't want to re-lease so i have been searching for an S5 in stock anywhere within 300 miles from my home. I went and checked out Jerseybeemer's car but I didn't like that it did not have all the options ie... inserts,B + O,tech, etc...Good thing for him since he went back and got it. I found a fully loaded one today(phantom black/black, stainless, nav,tech,B + O, and I bought it!!! I get it on Saturday. I am really excited about this car. I haven't been excited about a car since my '97 M3. Since then I have had a Mercedes CLK430, Infiniti G35 coupe, Mercedes CLK 500, and a 1978 Nikki Lauda special edition Alfa Romeo Spider(which i still have).

I test drove the S5 3 times and had a sh*t eating grin each time. The same smile you get when you race a car on a track. I think the car is beautiful and absolutely fast enough for me. I was thinking about the new M3 or a 9114s but this car is less expensive, more unique, easier to live with as an everyday car, and an interior that is so ergonomically correct all other auto companies should buy one so they could learn how to design an interior.

When I get my car I will take some photos and post them. If anyone has a specific picure they want taken let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts