Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic recommends against running spacers but I might have to make an executive decision here. Any recommendations on spacer width? This is my 2010 A5 2.0t with stock suspension. Wheels are rs6 reps 19x8.5 et35 running Toyo tires 255/35/19. I’m new to this forum, any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Regardless of wheel spacers - that is a tidy motor!! Nice! (y)

·
Registered
75 Posts
100% agree, I am running 15 front and 20 at the rear, when you lower the car the wheels get lost if you don't bring them out a tad.

Looks good, and not obvious 👍...go for it, you know you can't resist lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
100% agree, I am running 15 front and 20 at the rear, when you lower the car the wheels get lost if you don't bring them out a tad.

Looks good, and not obvious 👍...go for it, you know you can't resist lol
I really can’t resist!
Regardless of wheel spacers - that is a tidy motor!! Nice! (y)
thank you

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
889 Posts
I have 20mm running all round at the moment on 18’s, I have 20” but waiting till summer and getting some tyres to get them all on!
Here’s a pic so far!

~Alex

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
889 Posts
Any issues?
None what so ever! To clarify I had the B8 model A5 with 20” rota arm reps 245/35R20 with 20mm spacers on standard suspension, no rubbing on that either!

It was literally perfect fit, had to do some digging to find them!

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Cban welcome on board!!! I dont use spacers but as far as I know as long as you dont go madly over the top then they dont generally cause any issues.....Noce looking car by the way!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Forget what anyone's ever told you about "wheel spacers are unsafe" and take it from someone who has first had experience - they're are absolutely fine! These wheels below are 11J ET-10 with 45mm spacers. The car has been like that for over 45k miles and the wheel bearings and everything else are absolutely solid! No issues whatsoever.

I can certainly conclude: 20mm and 15mm spacers most run will do literally zero damage to the car!

I would also like to point out the people saying "make sure you buy hubcentric spacers" - you literally can't buy anything other then hubcentric these days, everything has to conform to a standard! Cant really buy a bad set!

My five pence anyway

Peace!

JLM.

Reactions: Alex1990

·
Registered
467 Posts
Agree- I used to have (lowered it since then) the exact same as you (OP) but with S-line (sports) suspension: 2010 A5 3.0 tdi with Audi 19" Y spokes 19x8.5 et35 running tyres 255/35/19 and I put 20" spacers on the front and 25" rear H&R Hubcentric spacers and it was absolutely perfect- I had comments on how good the stance looked at the time so that's the size I would recommend.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
20 and 25 inch spacers... wow, impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Forget what anyone's ever told you about "wheel spacers are unsafe" and take it from someone who has first had experience - they're are absolutely fine! These wheels below are 11J ET-10 with 45mm spacers. The car has been like that for over 45k miles and the wheel bearings and everything else are absolutely solid! No issues whatsoever.

I can certainly conclude: 20mm and 15mm spacers most run will do literally zero damage to the car!

I would also like to point out the people saying "make sure you buy hubcentric spacers" - you literally can't buy anything other then hubcentric these days, everything has to conform to a standard! Cant really buy a bad set!

My five pence anyway

View attachment 179601

Peace!

JLM.

My five pence anyway

View attachment 179601

Peace!

JLM.
Thanks for the input. I’m more concerned with mechanical issues than I am with safety problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts