Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Norfolk meet - 2nd August 11am - Norwich Audi

Ok guys, where are we on this August Norfolk (and Suffolk for those that want to attend) meet?

What are the proposed venues? A pub with a good menu would be a good idea along with space for parking of course. I'm not too hot on whats good in Norfolk.

Maybe a drive as well could be an option. Brandon > Attleborugh via the back roads through the woods is an option. (a couple of miles through the woods and a bit near E Wretham where the road has about five 5ft rise/drops in it in quick succession. That would make a good camera shot with a bunch of A5/S5s. What other routes are worth a look?

The changes on Vagcom take about 5 minutes. The MMI update takes about 45 minutes. The Nav update takes about 5 minutes. Now doubt some of you will be turning up for some or all of those things. So we need to allow time for these.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hey Dave,

I actually meant to call you this weekend regarding this but ended up completely forgetting. Anyway I would like todo it this coming weekend (2nd/3rd) or the following (9th/10th). Should be good weather this weekend I believe aswell.

Im also not too hot on the pub front, I've not had a good pub lunch here in quite some time. Would be nice todo it along the coast somewhere, but I guess we should either concentrate on either the food to determine the location, or the location and then look for the food. Unless dbs2 has any ideas?

The Vagcom changes will certainly be on my list.

I will bring my spare set of fog light bulbs along with the torx key required if you still want them, takes around 10/15 mins todo. Its a little scary doing the first one as you do have to tug it quite hard for it too unclip.

Anyway shall ask/search around for a good pub, I would think most will have plenty of parking space so I dont think it will be much of an issue. Will post some ideas up in the next few days.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks boys - rub it in why don't you?

Guess I'll have to join you for the September meet then :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yay :)

Either of these first 2 weekends are superb for me, As for Lunch Or destination I'm Easy to be quite honest......

Coastal would be good.... How about the east Coast road in it's entirety or is that a tad too Ambitious LOL

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hehe i was hoping you'd have some more ideas dbs2 :)

Maybe we should do it the following weekend to give other members a chance to see the thread.

But yeh coast would be nice, not familiar with many road there so would make a nice change.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Weekend 9th/10th do you mean ?? that would be Perfect :cool:

If we set a start the start and end points, then the person at the front (DD) would have to just stop when they get hungry or run out of fuel :D

Well maybe something a bit more structured.......

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
OK see what DD has say about that weekend.

I think DD's car will get thirsty way before we get hungry.

Will ask around for a place to meet on the coast as i'm not really sure.

Marmin do you fancy sunday lunch and drive with the A/S5's?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no reason why we cannot do a pub lunch get together every couple of months or so. Marmin can come on the second one. Maybe try different pubs each time to improve our local knowledge (which doesnt appear to be very good so far!)

Robb, I wouldnt mind the bulbs. They look quite good on that thread. Thanks.

·
Registered
821 Posts
A regular Meet sounds spot on to me :cool:

Well volunteered for the Route planning Robb :D

Would be good if Marim could pop along for the first One......

Any More Norfolk, well Norfolk and Just Over the Border Lowestoft, Ok Eastern Owners going to pop along ??

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lowestoft is nearly Norfolk. Indeed, it may be soon. Suffolk doesnt want us any more. Maybe its a trick for Suffolk to reduce it's crime stats :)

If you havent got your a/s5 yet then still come along. It will just make you want the car even more.

9th or 10th is fine with me.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Any More Norfolk Boi's here then??

^^ Bump ^^

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm not based in Norfolk but do regularly visit Cromer and will be over there in September once the car has arrived :D. Will keep checking this thread and if there is a meet on that weekend I will happily pop along and say hello. That's if you will let an out of county bod join in. I know how you Norfolk folk like to keep it keep it in the family so to speak ;):D

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm not based in Norfolk but do regularly visit Cromer and will be over there in September once the car has arrived :D. Will keep checking this thread and if there is a meet on that weekend I will happily pop along and say hello. That's if you will let an out of county bod join in. I know how you Norfolk folk like to keep it keep it in the family so to speak ;):D
:eek:........ You would be more than Welcome :D

'
If I shove some carrots into my front grille, will I pass as a Norfolkian? ;)
Now that i would like to see LOL ...... Piccy's ??

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
'
If I shove some carrots into my front grille, will I pass as a Norfolkian? ;)
That would get you accepted partly but to make sure you should bring your cousin along and say she is your wife. Or come as a relocated scouser who nicked the car. Equally plausible.

It doesn't need to be Norfolk/Suffolk specific. Just that the meet is in Norfolk. There is a pub along the Norwich > Cromer road that has a large car park and I have often seen multiple MGs and classic cars in there. That may be worth a look. I may pretend to the family that I am taking them out for lunch and use it as an excuse to find out the name and see whats it like.

It wouldn't be a bad location as we could do a bit of North Norfolk coastal as a drive and then be on the Norwich road on the way back which would be useful for those that aren't quite local.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Great Idea DD

Well I'd be interested.

I'll bring my sister though, 'cause she's the only one with all 13 toes.
ROLFL :D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
We seem to have a nice collection of engines, but an extreme lack of colour, reminds me of the APS meet where everyone had a phantom black, execpt Ess5ive with his primer grey as Ian would call it.

Must be some more A/S5's on here from the east.

I'll have a drive around this weekend or sometime early next week. Finally a week off, weather had better be on my side!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We seem to have a nice collection of engines, but an extreme lack of colour, reminds me of the APS meet where everyone had a phantom black, execpt Ess5ive with his primer grey as Ian would call it.
One of us could let the car get quite dirty and then that will be another meteor grey look-a-like ;)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.