Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the proper offsets (ET) for 18, 19 & 20 inch rims for the S5.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. The lower the offset the more the wheels will be pushed out to the wheel well.
There is a wide range of offsets that will fit, but the end result would need to be known to give you any guidance....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Factory wheel offsets for 19" and 20"

FWIW, I do know that the factory 8.5x19" S5 wheel is a 32ET offset, while the optional (in some countries) 9x20" RS4-style wheel is 29ET.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. The lower the offset the more the wheels will be pushed out to the wheel well.
There is a wide range of offsets that will fit, but the end result would need to be known to give you any guidance....
Just looking at other options 18s for winter, 19s & 20s for summer - trying to avoid spacers - don't mind a little push out for an aggressive look, but wanted to know that "standards" so I know what I can push and what fits with no problems (caliper clearance, rubbing etc.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FWIW, I do know that the factory 8.5x19" S5 wheel is a 32ET offset, while the optional (in some countries) 9x20" RS4-style wheel is 29ET.
Very helpful. I heard the spare is ET 29. So a 19 inch ET 35 might need a slight spacer you think? Maybe a 5 MM?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'm not the person to ask when it comes to spacers. I'm still learning this stuff myself. There are several other forum members who will undoubtedly chime in with their thoughts on the ideal measurement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts