Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My S5 has advanced key, and driver seat memory package.

When I exit the car and let the kids out and move the seat forward, then leave as is and exit, lock the car, then come back, the seat doesn't return to its memorized position based on what might have been memorized in the key.

How do I get the key to memorize the mirror/seat etc... settings? In what cases are the memorized settings used to return to the adjustments memorized?

Thanks for your detailed explanations, I have read a couple threads regarding this issue, but I must be stupid, but can't get it to work like I'd want to.....

Thanks.

Phil

·
Registered
64 Posts
AFAIK if the seat back is tipped forward as you leave the car the memory settings won't be recalled when you reopen the car. I haven't actually tested this but this is how our friendly mastertech (A8 Tech) described it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That probably explains it. I would have to tip the seat back and forth and return it to the 'preset position' for it to work?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
check the button on the door is depressed as well. A couple of times I have found my button is out (forgotten the button name, its near/next to the memory buttons) and that stops the chair button working as it should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.