1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Week 51
A5/S5 Coupe – Revised Information
Revised Information
• Availability of the panoramic sunroof is reduced due to production constraints and is
currently not available on new orders until June 2008.
• The 1.8T engine has been re-opened for ordering.
• S5 lead time is currently showing March as production is full up to that time. As a
result Centre tagged cars have been locked to allow customer cars to be scheduled.
• Scheduling of 2.7TDI multitronic has been revised and lead times for this engine
should be calculated as early May 2008 for customer orders due to vehicles taking 5
weeks in addition to the scheduled build week to be completed.
Previous Information
• Please note that Black headlining is only available with upholstery colours GD or GG with Sports
seats and only with GD on standard seats (26/09/07).

·
Registered
735 Posts
No strikes or new delays there then :)

Thats good news :)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
If one of the mods could make this thread a sticky it would be a good idea, as I think the info is quite relative all the time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update 2nd January 2008

The next factory build week confirming – week 06/08 (week 06/08
– week commencing 4th February 2008).

A5/S5 Coupe – Revised Information
Revised Information
• Availability of the panoramic sunroof is reduced due to production constraints and has
therefore been removed from ordering until further notice.
• The 1.8T engine has been re-opened for ordering.
• S5 lead time is currently showing April as production is full up to that time. As a result
Centre tagged cars have been locked to allow customer cars to be scheduled.
• Scheduling of 2.7TDI multitronic has been revised and lead times for this engine
should be calculated as early May 2008 for customer orders due to vehicles taking 5
weeks in addition to the scheduled build week to be completed.
Previous Information
• Please note that Black headlining is only available with upholstery colours GD or GG with Sports
seats and only with GD on standard seats (26/09/07).

·
Registered
1 Posts
production times

been in touch with my audi dealer. saying only the 2.7tdi is affected. which means i still get my 3.0tdi on 1st march.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cheers Matt - This is really useful info.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Damn, no sunroofs available... were I ordering today it wouldn't affect my decision (going sans sunroof), but I'm sure some people with potential orders would now think twice about it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Damn, no sunroofs available... were I ordering today it wouldn't affect my decision (going sans sunroof), but I'm sure some people with potential orders would now think twice about it.
It's an easy choice for us in the UK - We just don't have any sun :D

·
Registered
643 Posts
I was about to comment on that, but was afraid elstimpo would suddenly pop in and call me a moronic racist...

:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was about to comment on that, but was afraid elstimpo would suddenly pop in and call me a moronic racist...

Hehe... that whole thing has made me chuckle today..:)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
The Return of Crespo! Where ya been?

I think this only applies to the UK, Crespo. We don't have any dealers in the U.S. who post such useful information to this forum. Nor do you for DR, unfortunately. I don't think sunroof issues apply to U.S. builds, and perhaps not DR either.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Probably is UK only. Still slightly worrisome, I'd say.

I've just been busy. Work and xmas vacation do that. No order yet...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Crespo, just realized you are in the DR, I'm getting married there next month!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Matt, i ordered a 1.8 sport in early December and have been told today that the earliest delivery is likley to be end of April or early May, does this sound correct?

Also i have not been given a firm build date yet, from you experience do you know how long it takes to get a build date, post order porcessing?

Thanks
Aman

·
Registered
298 Posts

This is my favorite comment of the week- welcome back:D And to think that a mild mannered comment by me sent him off on his rant. Anyway, that is now history.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I didn't even see it get started, just wandered back in during the final few moments of the storm. someone was moody...

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Sticky'd.

Matt - Let me know if this update changes or becomes obsolete, and i'll remove the sticky.

Lads - take the convo to PM please. Thanks.

Rab.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

Watch out for that - apparently he doesn't like people using his 'name' in posts!:D :D
His post from my thread about getting my car:

Can you please keep my name out your post in the future please, i know your trying to be smart and funny, but i have asked you nicely and i'd appreciate it. Its serves no purpose at all:mad:
BTW, his 'name' not used in this post - it's just quoted!

...and if he's still around, that's irony for you!:D :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts