Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer called yesterday to let me know that my car's status currently reads "In Transit from Factory." The estimated delivery date is now the week of April 7.

Hopefully, being out of production means that most of the uncertainty is removed from the timeline. But in any case, it's great to know that somewhere out there, my car is real.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yep, that status means it's on a ship headed your way! Only other variables are the amount of time it takes to get through customs once it has arrived at the port and then also scheduling a delivery truck to get the car to your dealership. With an ETA the week of April 7, all that has been factored in and you should be in good shape to take delivery of your car that week, if not a bit sooner.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm buying my car from Star Motor Company in Clarksburg, WV. I'm originally from that area, and I still have a family connection at the dealer. So I'm getting a bit of a deal, and more importantly, they've been holding my name at the top of the A5 list (with no deposit) for the better part of a year. Since they serve a smaller market, they didn't get any of the early allocations in the fall. I got their first A5 allocation, and ordered my car on January 24.

·
Registered
247 Posts
We're probably on the same boat, got a call this morning that the car has left Germany.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good news!

Mine was scheduled for production week #9 (last of February), and is supposed to be on ship on March 14th, which also give me an early April delivery date.

Can't wait.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Hey guys...at LAX and on the internet for the first time in awhile...but great to hear, Dave and Pete! My dealer said mine should be in this week. At least I have something happy to look forward to this week when I return!

·
Registered
714 Posts
With the luck (or lack of it) some of you guys have had I'm glad my car's not on the same transporter. In the UK we're bracing for some pretty horrendous storms coming in from the Atlantic. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7285859.stm . It's not unknown for thousand of European luxury cars to go down on a single ship in the English Channel (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2576179.stm)

GOOD LUCK, GUYS :eek:

(Sorry, couldn't resist the temptation to give you one last thing to worry about.)

·
Registered
735 Posts
With the luck (or lack of it) some of you guys have had I'm glad my car's not on the same transporter. In the UK we're bracing for some pretty horrendous storms coming in from the Atlantic. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7285859.stm . It's not unknown for thousand of European luxury cars to go down on a single ship in the English Channel (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2576179.stm)

GOOD LUCK, GUYS :eek:

(Sorry, couldn't resist the temptation to give you one last thing to worry about.)
Mwahahahahaha :D

Evil fecker :p

The wind is getting bad here right now , and I'm on the Atlantic Coast here in Ireland ..........:eek:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh...looks like you guys are getting the other end of the same storm that just dumped a foot of snow on us here in Ohio. The north end of that front is in the North Atlantic now. Driving around this weekend in the mess left behind made me really wish I had quattro already =)

And thanks for giving me one more thing to worry about...if the ship is delayed (or worse), I'm holding you responsible.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ah, Nothing to worry about.

The multi-million pound cargo of vehicles, including BMWs, Volvos and Saabs, is lying on the seabed inside the sunken Norwegian carrier ship the Tricolor.
No Audi there :p

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yeah, I saw on the UK news today that something like 5 or 6 people had died in Ohio from shovelling snow. I kid you not, that's what was reported.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I saw on the UK news today that something like 5 or 6 people had died in Ohio from shovelling snow. I kid you not, that's what was reported.
Yep, that's right. Heart attacks are the usual culprit. You always get a few every time there's a big snowstorn in an area where people aren't at all used to it. And I think the parts of Ohio that aren't near Cleveland mostly qualify, since we get a foot of snow once a decade or so. Those lakeshore people see it regularly, on the other hand. So old people probably think to themselves, "Last time it snowed a foot, I shoveled the driveway just fine." What they don't realize is that last time the picked up that much snow, they were a lot younger.

I did a back-of-the-envelope calculation, and figured I cleared 12,000 lbs of snow from my driveway and sidewalk on Saturday. I can see that sort of effort being too much for some.

Hi Dave- When did you order yours? I ordered my Brilliant Red A5 in New Jersey on January 25th and was told 12 weeks, which would be toward the end of April. Make sense? Thanks.
As I mentioned upthread, I ordered on Jan 24. I was also told the end of April at the time. Then I was told the week of March 31...then back to April 7.

·
Registered
487 Posts
My puny snowblower did OK. Of course those with the huge blowers were tearing through the snow real quick. However, when we get the usual flurry, then my blower rocks and those big honken ones are useless!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.