Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have a 2017 A5 coupe and have been experiencing a problem while locking it and was wondering if anyone can give some advice. (apologies if a thread already exists but the locking problems I found during a search are different to mine).

The car has the standard key. Occasionally, when I press the lock button I hear that the boot locks but not the doors. If I were to open a door at this point the alarm would go off.
I find that after I open and close all doors and the boot a few times and then try locking it again then everything locks and I can hear the characteristic 'click sound' of the doors locking.
This happened again yesterday and I tried locking it via the audi app on my phone to see what happens. The app couldn't complete the action and it said that the 'windows and the boot were open' - which they definitely weren't as I was next to the car and was checking this.

I have spoken to a dealer but as I can't demonstrate the problem on demand (it happens 1-2x a month) they said to just 'monitor it'. The car still has warranty.

Any thoughts on what this may be and how I should proceed? Is it a sensor of some kind?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
This is a good one sometimes yes and sometimes no, for sure!!! The worst problems are always these, like when you take your child to hospital and he says "no pains doctor" hahahaha. Good luck!!

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I can’t offer any qualified advice, as I haven’t had this issue with my 2018 sportback... But, have your car scanned if you can. This should report any past issues with the central locking controller and associated sensors and motors, and may provide the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks I will see what I can do as my local dealer wasn't very keen to do anything about it at the moment (at least based on the one person I spoke to)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts